Scottish Cup On Saturday

ForthThistle

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clocked a St Mirren fan posting this on P&B:

I reckon that fan for fan, Motherwell are the club with the most inflated opinion of how good their side is.

:)

Yes, I said a St Mirren fan.

A relatively simple 2-0 'Well victory tomorrow should put the most deluded fans in Scotland in their place methinks.

St Midden have just signed Rep of Ire left back Ian Harte. MM needs to get message across that we don't give silly free-kicks away around the box as this guys does have a decent record of scoring fine goals!! Never know this may also entice along a few more buddies.

just been on sky sports news that he isn't signing, never was

ps not not doubting you it was probably the bbc reading P&B and taking it as fact

Just like Well did when Saints' were a 1st division team?

3 years ago was it?? :lol:

PS: Youz hardly "pumped" us a month ago at Love Street either did you?

I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that St. Mirren fans are actually worse than Celtic fans for living in the past.

Though I suppose it's understandable when you have absolutely nothing to look forward to other than utter dross served up in a laughable legoland stadium.

It's a shame we haven't been drawn against a decent side in the Cup yet. When we reach the quarter/semi finals it looks a lot better when we've been knocking out sides other than mediocre pish.

I love reading Pie & Bovril these days, it's hilarious reading all the St Mirren fans greeting about us. If you lot put as much effort into giving up the heroin addictions as you do moaning about Motherwell, then Paisley would be a much nicer place to visit.

I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that St. Mirren fans are actually worse than Celtic fans for living in the past.

Though I suppose it's understandable when you have absolutely nothing to look forward to other than utter dross served up in a laughable legoland stadium.

It's a shame we haven't been drawn against a decent side in the Cup yet. When we reach the quarter/semi finals it looks a lot better when we've been knocking out sides other than mediocre pish.

Erm - and you wonder why people refer to Motherwell as Rangers Reserves? :O

Erm - I wouldn't talk too much about stadiums! At least we own ours, have adequate pitch protection & are debt free :lol: - you?

(Didn't think so!!)

As for "utter dross" - is this coming from someone whos team are a massive THREE points ahead this season?? :lol:

And, as for your 3rd paragraph matey - you are right, the only "mediocre pish" you have beaten so far are Inverurie!! :lol:

Enjoy your day tomorrow!! :P

Erm - I wouldn't talk too much about stadiums! At least we own ours, have adequate pitch protection & are debt free :lol: - you?

(Didn't think so!!)

Yes we do, and it's worth a helluva lot more than yours.

Yes we have (otherwise the game tomorrow would at the very least have an inspection, which it doesnt)

And yes we are.

But thanks for your concern.

Erm - and you wonder why people refer to Motherwell as Rangers Reserves? :lol:

:lol:

Who are these people?

As for "utter dross" - is this coming from someone whos team are a massive THREE points ahead this season??

That's the difference between our two sides mate. We had a poor start to the season but are now back on form, your lot are just their usual mediocre selves.

I trust you'll be coming back on here for some post-match chat, and to wish us all the best for the next round?

Yes we do, and it's worth a helluva lot more than yours. Which is why you are talking about Ravenscraig site?

Yes we have (otherwise the game tomorrow would at the very least have an inspection, which it doesnt) - YET! How many games have been lost at FP in the last 3 years???

And yes we are. Only after shafting creditors by entering admin.

But thanks for your concern. No problem! :lol:

Like (too) many others I am confident we will secure the win and my only fear is whether the combination of pitch and weather might make it a bit of a lottery.

Will go for 2-0 with the second goal coming very late on to kill the match after a real squeaky bum period!!!