Sutton Or Sheridan

East_Stand_Al

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O'Brien MOM? Yes

For what? Being by far the best and most creative player on the pitch

Any good balls into box? Nope Actually many, If we had someone on the front post at the corners we would have scored.

Beat his man? Nope Several times, You actually watching the game?

Give the ball away countless times? Aye True, just the same as everyone else bar Klimpl.

Try like a beast? Aye 'Course

Im sorry but my opinion is miles off you boys verdict! So it would seem

O'Brien MOM?

For what?

Any good balls into box? Nope

Beat his man? Nope

Give the ball away countless times? Aye

Try like a beast? Aye

Im sorry but my opinion is miles off you boys verdict!

I really don't know where you get the idea that he never beat his man, were you actually at the game?, at one time he ran past 3 players and beat his man on a few occasions. His crossing isn't the best but he did manage to put in a couple of good crosses today, i'd give him man of the match.

Sutton must have been raging today.

"Porter's away, now's my chance to cement my place in the first team alongside Clarky."

"Not this week John, we're going one up front".

But I thought Sheridan looked more than handy when he came on. Full of running and looks like he could win more headers than he loses. As Frazza says, he's not an impact player - but could score a few goals for us if started regularly.

In response to Frazzas post which it wont let me quote.

First of all, stop being a cheeky wee c**t, i really dont have a problem with us having differing opinions but the tone of your reply was sharp .

Youve shat it from Eddie before so dont start being wide again.

Secondly, i was at the game yes, although I suspect that question was rhetorical

Thirdly, O'Briens delivery wasnt very good, you cant blame it on nobody being at the front post. I dont mind O'Brien as he gets through a power of work but a winger should occasionally beat a man and put a good delivery in, IMO he didnt do that today.

Finally, he lost possession loads of times because he had his head down and tried to beat two men at a time. I dont think he had a bad game, then again i dont think he played particularly well.

I was wrong completely about Sheridan. He's a cracking wee player, you can see it in just about everything he did today that hes just got that wee bit of extra class that we'v been missing. The cross he put in for Hughes today was absolutely sublime and he deserved a$ much much better finish. I reckon he'l score 7 between now and the end of the season.

First of all, stop being a cheeky wee c**t, i really dont have a problem with us having differing opinions but the tone of your reply was sharp .

:P

That's you been telt Fraz.

But aye, was very surprised Sutton didn't get a game today. I think we were all surprised Clarky was played up front on his own. Very odd decision. Glad to hear (or read) Sheridan did well when we came on. Hopefully he'll do the biz for the rest of the season.

I think John Sutton will be thinking about moving on this morning. Yesterday was his chance to show what he could do and he was not given the opportunity.

Like most on here, I was amazed with the one up front. I believe that managers are right far more often than supporters but yesterdays was a kind of no brainer. Don't understand MM's explanation after the game either.

I thought Sheridan was good and looks promising but then Suttons debut was as impressive if not more so. Will have to wait and see over future games.

I am pleased to read the support for DC however his distribution is still awful at times. I thought his close control was excellent in tight situations yesterday but then he would waste it with the wrong decision or a wayward pass. It was summed up for me in the last couple of minutes when he picked up a ball with space and time in the middle of the park, looked up, spotted O Brien moving down the left and then hit it straight to a St Mirren player. If he can fix this part of his game he will be an excellent player.

Secondly, i was at the game yes, although I suspect that question was rhetorical

Thirdly, O'Briens delivery wasnt very good, you cant blame it on nobody being at the front post. I dont mind O'Brien as he gets through a power of work but a winger should occasionally beat a man and put a good delivery in, IMO he didnt do that today.

Finally, he lost possession loads of times because he had his head down and tried to beat two men at a time. I dont think he had a bad game, then again i dont think he played particularly well.

O'Brien beat men all over the place yesterday and delivered plenty of decent crosses.

Firstly, since the majority of people have agreed with my points with out going into anymore detail than than I have I think we can agree that you are in the minority.

I wan't being cheeky at all, was just being straight to the point and answering the questions you posed.

Right, I shat it from Eddie? when was this?

I think his delivery was good. On the day Hammell's delivery was better but 9/10 he puts the ball over the box and out of the park. O'Brien at least got the ball into the box around the penalty spot this week, something which he has struggled to do in the past.

I can sparsley remember him losing possesion other than twice at the half way line, one of which he was bundled to the ground.

O'Brien has shown that he has the ability to turn a man inside out and provide himself with that extra yard to play a cross in or more than likely play the ball in to the strikers feet. Unfortunatley our strikers tend to be awkward with the ball at feet and end up facing away form goal.