Keith Lasley - Is He Having His Best Season So Far?

David

Anybody watching the game on SKY will have heard that absolute cvnt Andy Wanker say that Lasley knew exactly what he's doing when he went in. It was very late, and an awful challenge, but there's no way Las went in to hurt the guy the way he did.

Really annoyed to hear Walker saying what he said.

I'm at the front of the queue when it comes to praising lasley bit he hasn't learned from his daft fouls over the years.

Diving into tackles in the middle of the field is stupid and irresponsible.

Unfortunately I think if he tried to limit that part of his game he would be nowhere near as effective. Our central midfield have been integral to our success this year and that is no small part down to the fact that Lasley and Jennings like a tackle. They play pretty close to the edge sometimes and it just takes that bit of over-enthusiasm or mis-timing to give someone a sore one.

Lasley isn't the best tackler in the world, but when he's managing to take the ball once every three times or so you can't really blame him for trying. Tackles like that one today are always going to happen.

I don't condone it, but he's not a dirty player. He got done by a faster, younger player today and was late to the tackle. Simple as that.

Lasley isn't the best tackler in the world, but when he's managing to take the ball once every three times or so you can't really blame him for trying. Tackles like that one today are always going to happen.

I don't condone it, but he's not a dirty player. He got done by a faster, younger player today and was late to the tackle. Simple as that.

I like Lasley ,think he is a decent player .The stats dont lie tho .2nd on the card league only below black

Im sure he'll learn his lesson from today. His sending off was deserved and we all make mistakes. Im sure he'll sit down tonight and think about the consequencies of his actions and come back from this. He's not a dirty player but today's tackle was a shocker. But he's still having a good season and im sure that'll continue. :thumbup:

Sadly Lasley is getting himself a reputation with referees.

Could be another Michael Stewart situation where referees automatically go for a red instead of a yellow, or a yellow when they would let another player go.

Still not seen the TV replays yet but if its as bad as being claimed it really does him no favours.

Shocking tackle, to be honest I think Lasley is a guy who always trys to win the ball and he just got a bit over keen to do it and went flying in for it above ball height and Fyvie's shin was in the way. Dangerous aye, stupid aye, deserved aye malicious only Keith Lasley knows that but watching where he was watching I think on balance probably not.

Its a bit bizarre that we've had five reds this season (Lasley x 3, Craigan and Clancy) and they have all been at home.

Also red card suspension will carry on to next season's Scottish Cup if its Serious Foul Play and for next Saturday if its Violent Conduct. Given the proximity to the ball I'd guess thats SFP.

Shocking tackle, to be honest I think Lasley is a guy who always trys to win the ball and he just got a bit over keen to do it and went flying in for it above ball height and Fyvie's shin was in the way. Dangerous aye, stupid aye, deserved aye malicious only Keith Lasley knows that but watching where he was watching I think on balance probably not.

Its a bit bizarre that we've had five reds this season (Lasley x 3, Craigan and Clancy) and they have all been at home.

Also red card suspension will carry on to next season's Scottish Cup if its Serious Foul Play and for next Saturday if its Violent Conduct. Given the proximity to the ball I'd guess thats SFP.

So just a one game ban? Does this add on to his points rally for the league?

Lasley is an honest hard working player with very limited ability. (See his record in England) I have never understood the hero worship he gets from the support. Recently I have been watching him closely and yes he often wins the ball but more often than not a passing move we have ends when he gives the ball away.

The reaction today when he got stupidly sent off and virtually ended our chances and was then clapped off the park just made me laugh. If Higdon, Hateley, Craigan or whisper Forbes had done what he did the same happy clappies would have been foaming at the mouth.

To me Jennings is a far superior player and if we can only afford to keep one of them next season then we should push the boat out to keep Jenno.

I agree 100% with Andy Walker.

No excuses for Lasley - he can be a nasty wee shit when he puts his mind to it. He knew what he was doing and not for the first time in his career.

Does us no favours

You honestly think he went out to 'do' Fyvie? Was there a previous incident in the game between the two today?

Being honest I don't know what type of person Keith Lasley is, but I don't think I've ever seen him set out to intentionally injure somebody before, and I just think it was a really late tackle.

No excuses for Lasley - he can be a nasty wee shit when he puts his mind to it. He knew what he was doing and not for the first time in his career.

Does us no favours

Pretty sure thats the first straight red of his career.

mis-timed and dangerous, yes. Intentional? I don't think so.

Lasley is an honest hard working player with very limited ability. (See his record in England) I have never understood the hero worship he gets from the support. Recently I have been watching him closely and yes he often wins the ball but more often than not a passing move we have ends when he gives the ball away.

The reaction today when he got stupidly sent off and virtually ended our chances and was then clapped off the park just made me laugh. If Higdon, Hateley, Craigan or whisper Forbes had done what he did the same happy clappies would have been foaming at the mouth.

To me Jennings is a far superior player and if we can only afford to keep one of them next season then we should push the boat out to keep Jenno.

With all due respect mate, you can fuck right off with your "happy clappies" pish.

I'm not sure how many games you've been to this season, or even if you've been watching the same games I have, because nine times out of ten Lasley has been an integral part of our midfield, and has played a major part in getting the team to where we are today in the SPL.

You're right, he is an honest, hard working player of limited ability, but so is the majority of non-old firm players who ply their trade in the SPL.

No one is claiming that Lasley is a slightly greying Xabi or Iniesta. He does his part though, and has had a pretty excellent season for the most part. I feel that he went in heavy yesterday and deserved his card for it. He's probably more disappointed with himself than anything else.

As for him being clapped off the park? I suppose you'd rather he was booed like fuck? Aye, that's the way to treat one of our hardest working and in my opinion better players when he makes a mistake.

I'm not saying that if any of those other players made the tackle they wouldn't have been booed, but they certainly wouldn't have been booed by me. For the most part the team have done a very good job to get us to a Scottish Cup quarter final and pushing for 2nd in the SPL.

You honestly think he went out to 'do' Fyvie? Was there a previous incident in the game between the two today?

Being honest I don't know what type of person Keith Lasley is, but I don't think I've ever seen him set out to intentionally injure somebody before, and I just think it was a really late tackle.

Fyvie suggested to the referee that Hutchy used his elbow on Jack when they collided, when it was clear, it was just a hard but fair challenge. Fyvie tried to get Hutchy sent off, so I don't know if that led to Lasley crunching him.

I think he was clapped off by some because they didn't have a good view of how bad the the challenge was. At the time I didn't think it was worthy of a red.

I think that this is the main point. Straight away I was shouting that it was never a red card and about how ridiculous a decision it was, however seeing it again it was a definite straight red. It was just a badly timed challenge, somebody made the point that Lasley had never been sent off until this season, I think it's just the simple fact that as he gets older he is just not quite getting to the ball as sharply as he used to. It was a poor tackle, nothing more.