Weird Coincidence

TheLip69

This evening, I was sorting through some old boxes that we'd had in storage for some time, and came across an old Motherwell Programme. I was explaining to my daughter that I'd kept it becuase a week later we moved down to Manchester and I wasn't sure when I'd next get back to Fir Park. She said look at the date fo the programme, I hadn't noticed but it was 25th October 1997. Fourteen years to the day. Motherwell v Aberdeen and I know we lost to a last minute Dean Windass goal but cant remember too much else about the game.

You''ll be delighted to know that Steve Craigan was amongst the subs that day, and the fan interviewed for the fan File was one Ricky Mullen from Uddingston. Anyone know him? :whistling:

This evening, I was sorting through some old boxes that we'd had in storage for some time, and came across an old Motherwell Programme. I was explaining to my daughter that I'd kept it becuase a week later we moved down to Manchester and I wasn't sure when I'd next get back to Fir Park. She said look at the date fo the programme, I hadn't noticed but it was 25th October 1997. Fourteen years to the day. Motherwell v Aberdeen and I know we lost to a last minute Dean Windass goal but cant remember too much else about the game.

You''ll be delighted to know that Steve Craigan was amongst the subs that day, and the fan interviewed for the fan File was one Ricky Mullen from Uddingston. Anyone know him? :whistling:

Heard of him, no idea who he is right enough.............-)

hardly dialing a random phone number and getting through to Elephas Shivute now is it?

Funny you should say that. The other day I was walking past a public call box just as the phone was ringing. I picked it up to find that on the other line was non other than Eliphas Shivute. He mentioned something about coming into some money and required a UK bank account in which to deposit it. He said he would give me half of the $10 million Dollars if I send him my bank details. What do you think, should I go for it?

eliphas was ma pal,and i aint kidding.meet him at a charity ngt dwm the minners along wae stevie mcmillan.and we exhanged numbers.after that he would call me at random times.and want to chat...when i look back it was all a bit weird..

• Like 1

My 2nd ever Motherwell match! We went 1-0 down thanks to a free kick, then 2-1 up before a late diving headed equaliser, am I right?

Fraid not, we lost 2-1. Billy Davies cracked home a right footed (honestly!) equaliser before Windass knocked home the rebound after Woodsy saved his initial penalty. It was then that a celebrating Leighton was attacked by an annoyed Cooper Stand punter, who lamped him in the coupon!

I remember someone running on but i thought there was a lot of stumbling and very little lamping. In those days though we also had a spate of half-hearted streakers who, I'm pleased to say, kept a surprising amount of clothing on. I remember one gentleman in particular with shoes, calf-length socks and boxer shorts - all black. It wasn't a pertty sight.

Remember the game well. Although he only played two games, Gunni Jonsson must be the worst Motherwell centre back I've seen. I remember being a distraught seven year old that night as the result put us bottom of the league.

I also seem to remember a streaker in a Sky Sunday night game against Kilmarnock too. Around April 2000, I'm sure we won 2-1 and Corrigan scored the winner with his first 'Well goal.