We Are No A Bad Wee Team

Welldaft Mk1

Borrowed from P&B

http://en.wikipedia....tball_champions

I naturally assumed that our proper place in the SPL was finishing somewhere between 7th and 10th.

But a quick look at that link shows that in terms of finishing 1st, 2nd & 3rd we are the best provincial side in the country.

Add that to the fact we are one of only 6 or 7 teams to have won the Title, Scottish Cup and League Cup in our history.

We also have the top goalscorer in the top flight with Willie MacFadyen on 52 in season 31-32.

Another point about Old firm supremacy. Motherwell the only side outside the Old firm to win the title between 1904 and 1948 - 44 years!! The more things change - the more they stay the same :cry:

I naturally assumed that our proper place in the SPL was finishing somewhere between 7th and 10th.

You were right the first time...

All time performance table

Top ten are

1. Rangers

2. Celtic

3. Hearts

4. Hibernian

5. Dundee

6. Aberdeen

7. Motherwell

8. Kilmarnock

9. Morton

10. Partick Thistle

(not meaning to seem like a prick -_-)

You are not coming across as a prick, but please tell me you do not need me to spell it out?

My original post contained the following statement:

"But a quick look at that link shows that in terms of finishing 1st, 2nd & 3rd we are the best provincial side in the country".

If you look at the table toward the bottom of that link, it shows QUITE CLEARLY that Motherwell have the best record in terms of finishing in the top 3 in the top league outside of all the city clubs and in fact better that DDee Utd and Dundee.

Should not be too difficult to grasp surely????

As for the all time performance table - it shows Morton just below us. A team that have hardly been in the top flight for the past 30 years. This table takes into account all points won regardless of which league the team was in. You would have a strong argument to say that winning points in the SPL/Premier league v Celtic, Hearts and Rangers is tougher than Partick, Queen of the South and Raith Rovers....

"But a quick look at that link shows that in terms of finishing 1st, 2nd & 3rd we are the best provincial side in the country".

If you look at the table toward the bottom of that link, it shows QUITE CLEARLY that Motherwell have the best record in terms of finishing in the top 3 in the top league outside of all the city clubs and in fact better that DDee Utd and Dundee.

Should not be too difficult to grasp surely????

Provincial in Scottish terms usually means outwith the Old Firm though, not outwith the city clubs.

Provincial in Scottish terms usually means outwith the Old Firm though, not outwith the city clubs.

Naw it doesnae :P

In which case I stand corrected and Well 2k7 was on the ball after all.

I always thought Provincial meant non city sides. It bloody should :P

you're right, outside the capital or largest cities

It's Scotland though intit? We always dae things arse fur elba eh no? :rolleyes:

naw some peeple do things erse for elba, Not all of us :moonie:

but eh aye? we're a no bad wee team :drinks:

Naw it doesnae :P

you're right, outside the capital or largest cities

naw some peeple do things erse for elba, Not all of us :moonie:

but eh aye? we're a no bad wee team :drinks:

OK then in Scottish fitba' terms provincial is condisered to describe teams outwith the Old Firm then. In general terms provincial means outwith the larger cities, howsat? We are indeed a no' bad wee team, been saying so for decades