Motherwell Vs Dundee United Discussion Thread

David

I would start Humphrey again for this one. I thought he was excellent when he came on yesterday, looking really dangerous going forward and covering back when needed. Perhaps Daley getting the start was the rocket that he's been needing this season. Hateley also plays far better with Humphrey on the park, and again you could see that at Pittodrie. Wee seat on the bench might just sharpen Murphy up too.

I'd be happy with a draw from this one because I think United are a better side than people think.

• Like 1

think we will struggle to score here..............and Daly will once again bully our defence

obviously want to see us win, but i think there might have to be some tactical tweets to get us over the line and take all the points - we just can't score at home

would be nice to see Law, Las, Jenno and Hughes all play.......but that would leave 1 place for Murphy, Humphrey and Daley

roll on saturday

Dundee United seem to have turned the corner a wee bit, albeit they didn't deserve to beat Hearts on Saturday.

We know they can prove to be stuffy opposition and have a decent threat going forward. Hopefully we don't give them a chance to settle though, rip into them from the 1st minute and blow them away. A repeat of the Scottish Cup game would go down a treat.

Same team as last week, expose their woefully slow defence with our pace. Think they will try and shitfest the game like they did in the League Cup game at Fir Park last season so this will be a struggle. If their tactic is pumping it long to Daly as it was at Tannadice then we will cope fine. Set pieces are the main danger, can see us huffing and puffing for a while before Kenneth or Daly nicks it from a set piece. Though we do seem to have a strong mentality at the minute so hopefully we can grind out another win.

Will stay positive but I think it will be a scrappy game won by the odd goal.

Motherwell 1(Higdon) - 0 Dundee United

Although a repeat of the cup game at Fir Park last season wouldn't be too bad...

Are we getting the uncle Phil flag out this weekend given the opposition and the memorial unveiling?

I seen Bob Wilson (Anchorman) mention this as well. It needs to make an appearance down the away end of the East Stand on Saturday.

As for the game possibly bring in Humphrey for Daley and leave the rest. Murphy not playing well but I'm not sure we have many more options. Hopefully Bob is back fit again soon. We haven't played well recently. For quite a good few games actually. Yet we still keep getting the results. A draw wouldn't be a disaster mind you so I'm going for a 1-1 draw with Law scoring for us.

Hopefully we get to see more Gavin Gunning hissy fits right enough.

As for the game possibly bring in Humphrey for Daley and leave the rest. Murphy not playing well but I'm not sure we have many more options. Hopefully Bob is back fit again soon. We haven't played well recently. For quite a good few games actually. Yet we still keep getting the results. A draw wouldn't be a disaster mind you so I'm going for a 1-1 draw with Law scoring for us.

i'd play the same team but with murphy playing left mid and law on the right. get right in about their fullbacks.

Another home win, same team as last week no doubt. Go at them from the wings early doors and hopefully get there noses ahead, always got Hughes and Humphrey to benefit from the tired legs late on.

Daley up front with Higdon, playing just behind and see how it goes.

Motherwell 3 Dundee Utd 2

Higdon,Daley, Humphrey (Of Course).