• £19
    • £20
    • £21
    • £22
    • £23
    • £24
    • £25
    • Other please specify

do you think they are high diving scrooge mcduck style into pools of cash?

VAT got bumped up by 2.5 percent but ticket prices stayed steady, that's a net loss for the club. inflation is at 4% yet the price to pay into the east stand has been the same for years.

every penny counts at fir park, we spend £1.8 million a year on player wages directly competing against english teams. does anyone want to see that reduced?

....and when VAT was cut by 2.5% down to 15% admission prices also stayed steady then did they not? That was a net gain for the club....

My season ticket for the POD jumped from £333 last season to £370 this season and I hope to make at least 15 or 16 games. That works out at over £23 per game if I get to 16 games and over £24 if I get to 15 games which is too expensive for what we get in return. But if that's what it costs me to support my team from the seat of my choice then so be it....not sure what my tipping point would be though, maybe when it gets to £400 for my season ticket....

To have a positive effect on attendances I would say £15 per game and £5 for kids but difficult to tell if this would increase crowds enough to generate the same level of turnover.

My season ticket for the POD jumped from £333 last season to £370 this season and I hope to make at least 15 or 16 games. That works out at over £23 per game if I get to 16 games and over £24 if I get to 15 games which is too expensive for what we get in return. But if that's what it costs me to support my team from the seat of my choice then so be it....not sure what my tipping point would be though, maybe when it gets to £400 for my season ticket....

To have a positive effect on attendances I would say £15 per game and £5 for kids but difficult to tell if this would increase crowds enough to generate the same level of turnover.

as has been discussed before, the club have roughly x000 season ticket holders, they know/expect to recieve £x00,000 from season ticket sales to help them tick over....................so why cant we do the same as Bradford? Say to the fans, we need to get £x00,000 from ST sales, the more fans that sign up, the cheaper the tickets will be

The club spearheaded an initiative in 2007 to slash the price of watching professional football for the 2007–08 season.[74] As a result season tickets to watch Bradford City were the cheapest in England at £138, the equivalent of £6 per match.[75] When the offer finished at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, 31 July 2007, the club confirmed the amount of season tickets sold was 12,019.[76] The scheme enabled the club to top the average league attendances for Football League Two during the 2007–08 season, attracting more than three times more than any other club. The club won the Perform Best Fan Marketing campaign category in The Football League Awards for the scheme and earned them an invitation to the Houses of Parliament.[77][78] The club aimed to attract 20,000 fans for the 2008–09 by offering a free season ticket to anyone buying a season ticket as long as 9,000 adults sign up, but they fell 704 short of the target.[79] Joint-chairman Mark Lawn announced in November 2008 that season tickets in the Bradford End for the 2009–10 season would be available for just £99 and £138 for the rest of the ground if bought in December 2008.

or Huddersfield....................

Season ticket offer

Chairman Ken Davy and newly appointed chairman-elect Dean Hoyle agreed to a special offer for season tickets for the 2008–09 football season. Adult tickets in the Antich Stand and Fantastic Media Stand were just £100 and tickets in the Direct Golf Stand were no higher than £175 for adults. Town sold 16,123 tickets during the offer, more than twice the amount sold during the previous season. It also beat the previous record of 14,170 set during the 1970–71 season, which was Town's first season back in the old First Division.

or Hartlepool........

16 June ~ In the days of the multi-million pound footballer earning a weekly wage of £250,000 where can you watch League football for as little as £4.34 a game? Answer: Victoria Park, the home of League One side Hartlepool United. It's all thanks to a new ticket offer – if the club can sell 4,000 season-tickets before mid-July then adult fans will pay just £100 for the privilege, or £200 if the club sells 3,000.

To be honest the true value of a football match should be UNDER £10 for Adults, about £7 or £8. That's roughly what it costs for other forms of entertainment, Cinema, Bowling, etc... and these activities last the same amount of time or longer and are in more pleasant surroundings!

So, aye - £8 for an adult round it up to a tenner even and £2/£3 for weans. I would be at every single game if them were the prices. At £18, I've been to FP about 3 times this season...

To be honest the true value of a football match should be UNDER £10 for Adults, about £7 or £8. That's roughly what it costs for other forms of entertainment, Cinema, Bowling, etc... and these activities last the same amount of time or longer and are in more pleasant surroundings!

So, aye - £8 for an adult round it up to a tenner even and £2/£3 for weans. I would be at every single game if them were the prices. At £18, I've been to FP about 3 times this season...

I don't think you can really compare football to bowling, cinema etc because cinemas and bowling alleys don't have as high a wage bill as Motherwell Football Club or any other SPL club for that matter.

Having said that I do believe that football is vastly over priced in Scotland. This isn't exclusive to the top division either because on the way home from work yesterday I was listening to the Real Radio Phone In and a Raith Rovers fan was on at one point and said that he pays £17 to get in to Starks Park :O . He also said he was charged £19 for the away end at Dens Park. I'm also sure I heard that Hibs are charging hearts fans £34 a ticket for the 2 January game. I hope I dreamt that because that is a disgraceful price if true.

I think a 4-5 quid for kids and £15 for adults is about fair.

Edit: the Hibs v Hearts game is £28+6 per order for special delivery which is where I got the £34. £28 is still far too much and why can't Hearts fans pick their tickets up at tynecastle if possible rather than spend £6 on SD ? Craziness.

I don't think you can really compare football to bowling, cinema etc because cinemas and bowling alleys don't have as high a wage bill as Motherwell Football Club or any other SPL club for that matter.

Not only that, but the film you pay your 8 quid (or whatever) to watch for 90 minutes, likely cost 50 million or more to make. Completely different financial model.

I work on from 11am on Saturdays and from 4pm on Sundays, so I don't get to see the team that often.

I was really looking forward to seeing us play Celtic at home, at a time I could watch the game. For the first time ever, I didn't go. I looked at the cost of two adult tickets, what I would spend when at Fir Park, and travelling to and from Glasgow. With little change back from sixty or even seventy quid, I could put the money to better use.

It's the first time I have ever questioned spending money seeing my team, when I don't get to see them every Saturday, it makes getting the chance a bit special. But it costs a lot, far too much, in the current financial climate.

I think a lot of people are thinking of the value of football, in England they have a massive fan base compared to Scotland so can charge more. This poll goes to show by peoples votes they think its way over priced in here this cannot be sustained. Prices need to come down and not just for 1 game. After the shambles of the UTD game i braved the elements again last night with my 2 kids. The entertainment value was worth next to nowt. (football not floodlight fault that wasnt MFCs) If prices are high because of wages we need to address this as what im watching isnt very good and if i didnt already have season tickets i would be seriously consider going out in that weather to watch dross.

Not only that, but the film you pay your 8 quid (or whatever) to watch for 90 minutes, likely cost 50 million or more to make. Completely different financial model.

Moot points. The TOPIC is how much would I pay to watch Motherwell and how much I value a 90 minute game of football, not what I reckon the unit cost of a ticket is!

And if you were to go down this road then you would actually only find that your football ticket is even more of a rip off than cinema or whatever - overheads? I have never seen toilets like the East Stand toilets in a multiplex cinema!

What really frustrates me to hell is i no longer feel im being entertained. Im not sure if its the clubs fault (playing through fear of being relegated) or the spl and TV MUST COME FIRST or the money grabbing agents brainwashing footballers as to there true level of ability.

Ok movies may take more to make but what value do i get for my money going to a match as opposed to ice skating, cinema, leisure swimming pools, ten pin bowling, laser quest, gocarts, M&D all of these are a lot better value for money as an activity the family can do.

Attendances are dropping supporters dont feel valued, the spl for right or wrong reasons wont increase teams in league like 99% of fans want (too much defensive football) they pay for think tanks and then ignore them and do what SKY tell them to do FFS. Clubs will refuse to unite and force players wages down so gate prices remain high. Attendances wont be reversed by 1 off initiatives this poll clearly shows people think its overpriced and not worth it. While money becomes tighter more people will sadly have to stay away as they can get better value for money elsewhere.

Sorry to be so negative but just so frustrated at how empty the stands are at home games.

I've just been on looking at the price/ticketing for the upcoming games

seeing it was £21 for us going to McDiarmid pissed me off a little

but then I looked at Fir Park games and it looks like we charge visiting fans from the likes of St Mirren and Dunfermline £22 :blink:

I really thought we had progressive intuitive folk making decisions up at Fir Park to try and get bums on seats boosting crowds and with it income & atmosphere.

If £22 is correct as advertised, I'm shocked that we're getting much more than a handful of visiting fans, as with most supporters having to pick and choose how many games they get to and price being a significant factor.

If £22 is correct as advertised, I'm shocked that we're getting much more than a handful of visiting fans, as with most supporters having to pick and choose how many games they get to and price being a significant factor.

I think that is one of the issues. It really needs all the clubs to get on board with cutting prices otherwise we end up losing money while our rivals gain a financial advantage.

Agree Martin, but if we were priced at £18 and well marketed (cheaply: social networks etc) we might just force our way into visiting fans planned away trips, we're in a great location to tempt, Hibees, Jambos, Saints fans, and should be a pretty tempting train away day for others , average 70-90 fans more and thats break even

I think that is one of the issues. It really needs all the clubs to get on board with cutting prices otherwise we end up losing money while our rivals gain a financial advantage.

Totally agree it would be sensible for a league wide agreement

but we are pitching ourselves more expensive than ST Mirren, Dunfermline, St Johnstone & ICT

same as Killie, Hibs and in the middle of Hearts variable pricing

I know its not a priority over home fans , but you would think the club realise its going to be a long term plan to boost the home crowds, whereas the visiting support could get an easy boost with pricing at £18

maybes there are costs the club dont want associated with visiting fans, I was just surprised when I realised we were expensive for visitors, yet ironically my Rangers supporting friends rate us as one of their cheapest trips, and always pencil our fixtures in for a visit and are now registered to pick up tickets at Fir Park for their games :ph34r:

:all very simplistic thinking off course but, I look at prices before visiting grounds, and now with games being priced at amounts I reckon are a rip off, I'm picking and choosing at times, maybe other are not

I've been saying for years that's what we need to do.

A well marketed and consistent cheap gate price.

Have fans of hearts, Hibs, stmirren, killie... looking at the fixtures and pencilling in fir park as the one they're going to go to, or take the kids along to.

I'd say most teams season ticket holders and home punters will go to the odd away game, so make it an easy decision to make Motherwell that game.

The problem previously has been John boyles scatter gun approach to pricing, I think my record was 5 games in a row without paying the same price!

There's no point doing a one off, as visiting fans and neutrals won't necessarily hear about it, and any extra punters you get in, aren't coming a week later when the price doubles.