Maddest Celebration

gav212

Mockchop - Don't think so - the game wee Dave scored in finished 2-1 (3-1 if the goal hadn't been disallowed. The game took place on 7 January 1989 (Wishart and Kirk scoring) - info courtesy of 'Well Again' - not my memory - though I could have sworn that Dickie Gough scored a lovely headed goal in that game.

Yabba - you got the video for that year - if you have could you check it out and put me out of my misery.

I'm also sure it was a Gough og, and tv pictures showed McCabe was onside. Pity as that would have been an even sweeter victory against the vile bun :P

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

gotta be fourth goal going in in 91 semi .Seemed that all the shit games, all the hammerings from the old firm,all the shit decisions that we'd all suffered had been for that moment and as we stood on the terracing singing "now your gonna believe it" We all knew we WERE gonna win the cup.What a night!!

In that same season did we not do the same thing again (score in the last minute) against Hibs at Easter Road? Seem to remember a freezing day at the old ground and we were stuck in the dingy old Main Stand.

I remember that day well, going into that old main stand you had to go around what were almost wee tight corridors once you were through the turnstile, and at one point the Hibs fans at the other end of the stand from us had to be moved because bits of the roof were falling off!!