• Stephen Hughes
    • Maros Klimpl
    • David Clarkson
    • Mark Fitzpatrick
    • Jim O'Brien
    • Cillian Sheridan
    • Darren Smith
    • Null Vote

I was really struggling to make a decision on this. Decided eventually to go with Mark Reynolds. Just felt he was solid at the back, won a fair few headers, and was generally the best of a bad bunch IMO.

Could be anyone though, for negative reasons rather than positive.

A random one from me but, I gave it to Darren Smith. Never usually go for subs as they shouldn't have enough time to out play someone that has played the full game but, it is definitely an improvement from him.

Look stronger, fitter and more hungry, keep it up please and be the impact player you were last season.

Got to agree with most above Jim O'Brien put in a solid performance today and gets my vote, St Mirren offered nothing of an attacking threat and on the two occasions they did our defence was caught out, we got out of jail at the end, losing the first goal was unlucky as Dorman got the break of the ball afer a super block by Hammell but still I can't give it to a defender. Fitzpatrick, Hughes and Lasley were average, thats being kind to Fitzpatrick, Clarkson played off the scraps without getting much support first half. It did change second half. I think having a good look at Sheridan he will do us a turn, more mobile than Sutton and could bang in a few goals for us. Smith looks hungary, he should have been on start of second half along with Sheridan, I couldn't work out taking Lasley off and leaving Fitzy on when he was ineffective today, mind you the starting line up baffled everyone in the stadium and why changes were not made after 20 mins is everyone's guess apart from Mark McGhee's.

Anyway Jim O'Brien stood out for me

O'Brien very strong case but you'd have the old workrate versus end-product conundrum, went for Klimpl for keeping it tidy and for the sole memorable entertaining moment in the game. Quote from todays Sunday Herald :

The one moment of humour came when Motherwell's enforcer Maros Klimpl tried a series of stepovers, like a drunk in diving boots. His manager said later: "There are two doctors in there untangling him at the moment."

:P

Went for Clarkson.

I thought Hughes had his best game for a long while, although it was by no means anything like his best from last season.

Quinn looked really up for the match but as usual his delivery in attacking areas was poor.

O'Brien is probably worth his starting spot at the moment but I'm not entirely convinced yet. He certainly had some good runs and dribbles yesterday but what happens then? Usually not much.

O'Brien is probably worth his starting spot at the moment but I'm not entirely convinced yet. He certainly had some good runs and dribbles yesterday but what happens then? Usually not much.

How about the 3 assists for all 3 of our goals against Inverurie, yes it may only have been Inverurie, but picked out his men each time.