Support the team  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we should support the team or individuals

• Support the team
    • Support Individuals
    • Support only those who play well
    • Boo underperformers when they leave the park

Exactly. :wallbash:

How the game would have panned out without Hughes in the team would be mearly speculation as the dictionary says...

Fact (Stephen Hughes goal and it's effect on the final result)

Definition: 1. Something known to be true: something that can be shown to be true, to exist, or to have happened

Speculation (What might have happened if Hughes hadn't been playing)

Definition: 1. Opinion based on incomplete information: a conclusion, theory, or opinion based on incomplete facts or information

Mon the Well!

:wallbash:

If I'm at any pub quizes in the near future, I hope there's a question on the dictionary definition of facts & speculation!

I much prefer to blame the referee for bad performances. :wallbash:

Not a big Fitzpatrick fan, but I'd have him in front of Hughes. I don't think Hughes has ever been 100% fit? He is always out, then back in, and either isn't being allowed to recover fully, or is just very injury prone.

No, that is not a fact.

The facts are that the game ended 1-1 and Hughes scored the equaliser but it's not a fact that without Stephen Hughes we wouldn't have earned a replay as, as I've already said, if Hughes hadn't been playing the entire game would have been completely different.

It's all a matter of how you look at it I suppose.

Surely the 'fact' is that if Hughes hadn't scored we wouldn't have got a replay rather than if he hadn't played. :wallbash:

I've been a big critic of Hughes this season but I thought he did well in a strange position yesterday. OK, not everything came off for him and his touch wasn't brilliant but he put in a lot of effort and that's something that's been lacking from him this season. If players show the level of commitment Hughes did yesterday then I'm happy.

As for Fitzy, he had a nightmare and I think generally the crowd was responding to that. I know some people don't rate him at all but I think they are in the minority. If Fitzy plays better he's not going to get that level of abuse and sure, the crowd has its favourites (like as has been pointed out Klimpl and Lasley was just as bad if not worse than Fitzy yesterday) but I've never heard even our supporters yell down a player that puts in good displays week in, week out. Blame lies on both sides on this issue I'd say.

Surely the 'fact' is that if Hughes hadn't scored we wouldn't have got a replay rather than if he hadn't played. :wallbash:

Not really, because if he hadn't scored, that means something else happened instead. That "something else" could have lead, directly or indirectly, to any number of other outcomes...

supporting the well will always be a frustrating pastime but surely booing/getting on players backs desevedly or not is counter-productive. the players imo will respond to supporting them whilst on the park & if they make mistakes of which there were plenty yesterday, try & encourage rather than abusing them as it must get to them if specific players are on the receiving end all the time i for one am glad stephen hughes spoke out about it & its sad that he had to do so in the first place, rant over. keep supporting our team please & the forums are here to air your views good or bad

Exactly, a recent match between Sevilla and Racing Santander, in which the entire Sevilla fans completely vocal throughout the match, consistantly getting behind their team and encouraging them, despite a very poor performance and nobody would have blamed them if they had been disgruntled throughout the game. But, they kept their criticism for the final whistle where there was a barrage of boo's and criticism directed at the players/management.

Totally the correct way to go, support during the match, as there is plenty of time afterwards to criticise and show your unhappiness at what was witnessed.

Another one which is never going to be "solved".

Support the team in which way youu see fit and hopefully those who are of the same opinion will be inclined to join and those who dont cant do their thing.

Allways said it Motherwell fans are at thier loudest when abusing someone,anyone!

Than getting behind their team wellboys falling on their arse proved that.