Mark Reynolds Signed For Aberdeen!

puddinmfc

Jumping was monitored during training when McGhee was with us and Reynolds was the best in the squad. I know it doesn't make him a great player and won't make you like him any more but it shows your opinion of him is pretty blinkered.

frazzle talks pish.

in his last 12 months at the club he played every game and we kept 20 clean sheets in 46 games. when he left our defensive solidity went out the window and we started shipping goals all over the place. we are much more likely to concede goals now than when mark was playing every week.

saying 'i wouldn't take him back because hutchy is better' is retarded because i'm yet to see us start a game with only one centre half, reynolds is always fit unlike hutchy and because hutchy won't be here forever.

• Like 1

Clearly in the minority by the looks of it, but I sort of still view him as one of our own.

Local boy with a genuine affinity for the club, up through the ranks, several years good service in the first team, over 150 games for us and always stated he would try to ensure the club received a fee when he went and left on good terms.

If Motherwell players are going to move on at some point, then that's pretty much the way I'd like them to go.

So for me, it'll be pretty uncomfortable to see him turn out for one of our direct opponents in the league. I hope he rebuilds his confidence and personally does well.....although that said I hope he plays in a team that loses every game they play in between now and the end of the season! :P

Agree with above post but have people forgotten how bad he was after all the rankers speculation?

He no longer plays with us so doesn't concern me so much wish him well after all he did for us but i wish him a total mare for choosing that imaginative manager stealing bus parking scum bag of a team.

frazzle talks pish.

in his last 12 months at the club he played every game and we kept 20 clean sheets in 46 games. when he left our defensive solidity went out the window and we started shipping goals all over the place. we are much more likely to concede goals now than when mark was playing every week.

saying 'i wouldn't take him back because hutchy is better' is retarded because i'm yet to see us start a game with only one centre half, reynolds is always fit unlike hutchy and because hutchy won't be here forever.

In fairness there was a lot more than him that left the team, was pretty much decimated. Where are we in the league just now (enough said) don't need him.

Reynolds didn't live up to his early promise. His first full season he was absolutely tremendous, looked like one of the best ever young players we'd brought through and a probable future Scotland internationalist. If it hadn't been for him at the back and McDonald up front chances are we'd have been relegated.

Unfortunately he didn't quite develop in a way most people would have liked but just because he didn't become the player we thought he;d be doesn't mean that he was a poor player when he left - just not as good a player than we thought he might be. He was still one of the better defenders in the SPL and I'd expect him to be a good signing for Aberdeen.

I'd expect him to play in central defence with Andrew Considine playing at left back just like he did when Aberdeen played at Fir Park. That frees up Arnason to play in midfield.

Jeezo. I would agree that Hutch is the better all round defender, but Reynolds is definitely a better option than Crags (only because he's in his twilight now) and Clancy, cos well, I don't think he's that great.

Folk are far far too harsh on Reynolds IMO. Hardly the best player we've ever had and was most certainly over-rated, but was good enough to play for us, no doubt, and more than deserving of a first team place. I'd have had him back on loan in an instant.

Aye, nearly turned my car off the road I laughed so hard. Can't wait until Reynolds and the Humph are chasing a through ball. Broon really talks utter pish, he was going on about how good Reynolds was yesterday. It was FORFAR ATHLETIC ya silly auld git!

Clearly in the minority by the looks of it, but I sort of still view him as one of our own.

Local boy with a genuine affinity for the club, up through the ranks, several years good service in the first team, over 150 games for us and always stated he would try to ensure the club received a fee when he went and left on good terms.

If Motherwell players are going to move on at some point, then that's pretty much the way I'd like them to go.

So for me, it'll be pretty uncomfortable to see him turn out for one of our direct opponents in the league. I hope he rebuilds his confidence and personally does well.....although that said I hope he plays in a team that loses every game they play in between now and the end of the season! :P

I completely agree with everything you said.

The attitude of some on this post towards Mark Reynolds is ridiculous! The guy was one of the best young players to come through at FP and he was, due to circumstances, asked to play in the wrong position as he was a left-back when he made his first team debut and not a centre-back and IMO had to play alongside one of the poorest centre-backs ever at FP. But he never complained once and always gave his all in a C&A shirt. I think he had to play far too many games too early in his career and he should have been introduced more gradually. That said, he matured into a right good pro and who can blame him for wanting to try playing at a higher level at Sheffield Wednesday who are IMO at best a Premiership club and at worst at Championship club. It wasn't his fault that the manager that signed him got sacked and the new manager does not fancy him - that's sometimes how it goes when new managers go to clubs.

Personally I wish Mark all the very best for his future career and I think he will make a terrific difference to a mediocre defence at Aberdeen and will get his chance to play at a higher level again as age is on his side. Obvioulsy I hope that when we play Aberdeen he ends up on the losing side.

Agreed Grew 100%. I rated Reynolds and personally think his development was hindered playing with us for too long and also beside Craggs. He spent a lot of time covering for him latterly and I would have loved to have seen a Hutch and Reynolds pairing at the back.

Guy was a model pro and gave 100% every game. I would take him back in a second.

Personally I wish Mark all the very best for his future career and I think he will make a terrific difference to a mediocre defence at Aberdeen and will get his chance to play at a higher level again as age is on his side. Obvioulsy I hope that when Aberdeen play he ends up on the losing side.

Edited that a smidgeon for you. :thumbup:

The attitude of some on this post towards Mark Reynolds is ridiculous! The guy was one of the best young players to come through at FP and he was, due to circumstances, asked to play in the wrong position as he was a left-back when he made his first team debut and not a centre-back and IMO had to play alongside one of the poorest centre-backs ever at FP. But he never complained once and always gave his all in a C&A shirt. I think he had to play far too many games too early in his career and he should have been introduced more gradually. That said, he matured into a right good pro and who can blame him for wanting to try playing at a higher level at Sheffield Wednesday who are IMO at best a Premiership club and at worst at Championship club. It wasn't his fault that the manager that signed him got sacked and the new manager does not fancy him - that's sometimes how it goes when new managers go to clubs.

Andy P and The Grew speak to the truth in my opinion. This "talking sense" will never catch on though.

<_>

• Like 1