The Re-Arranged Hibs Game

MJC_MKI

It's now over a month since the abandoned match with Hibs and yet we've heard nothing as regards to a re-arranged fixture, which is quite strange I think especially considering they re-arranged the Dunfermline game almost immediately.

So this got me wondering if the SPL were possibly waiting to see if both sides make a relatively early Cup exit so that they could re-arrange the fixture for another Friday night with both sides having a 'free weekend' when the later rounds of the Scottish Cup were being played? They obviously want this 'Friday night football' experiment to work and having lost one of their games due to an abandonment, maybe they are holding off setting a date for this match for now to see how far both sides go in the Cup.

Purely guesswork from me but I certainly think it's a plausible explanation as to the delay in announcing the date for this match.

Yes that's possible aswell.

I just thought they'd maybe want to see if they could 'make up' for losing a Friday night fixture by using a Cup weekend to play it on.

edit: albeit the replay date is next Tuesday night so that would be short notice.