V Accies

Moe_Green

Without trying to condone any of this, the PC Brigade should never be allowed anywhere near a football ground as is them along with crap stearding that are ruining football. If I want to shout something at a player, ie Tokely is a wife beating bastrd, then I will and no one is going to stop me unless they are wearing a uniform(which doesn't happen unless you are Celtic Park or Ibrox). It is stopping people going to football matches because SPL atmospheres are the worst in Britain. In most cases there is more atmosphere on the moon than inside say, Tannadice

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a fair point BB and I understand where you're coming from.

But by the same token - I know a fair few people who are being driven away or don't come to Fir Park as often as they should because of what comes from the stands.

I think prices, playing teams 4 x a season, old firm bias / domination etc are having a bigger effect in driving folk away tho.

One of the other misconceptions in all of this as well is.

I've been arguing the point, long and weary, about not verbally abusing James McCarthy in the way that we do because I think it's an international issue, that as a support we're better than that, that we should rise above it and avoid giving crap journalists an opportunity to slag us and genuinely believe that if the boy's grandparent is Irish and he's made that decision as international football rules (which Scotland has benefited from) allow it then it's no big deal.

On the flip side - I can handle the counter arguments - I don't agree with them - but they are peoples beliefs so I'm cool with that.

However - the 'PC Brigade', 'over sensitive', 'too easily offended' - are all labels put forward to add weight to the counter argument.

All this doesn't 'offend' me I'm just putting my views forward as I think we could be 'cleverer' & distance ourselves from the racist / sectarian labels.

Anyone can do what they like in a football ground - I'm not naive enough to believe anything I say will change that.

playing teams 4 x a season

Hopefully with the comments that Smith had about the Old Firm game on Sunday we may eyt see a move to a bigger league happen.

In case you missed it the reason that the game ended 0-0 was that they play each other to often so have now got to the point of being able to cancel each other out.

One of the sticking points for change was the Old Firm Derby, the other was obviously the money the rest of the League would face with only haing them visit twice a saeason.

However I think we can safely say the Old Firm Derby is no longer one of the biggest or best in the world (if it ever was) so might be better only having 2 a season.

Anyway back to McCarthy and the jeering, I can understand why people would boo him if they are viewing him as an oppsotion player but to boo him because he's chosen Ireland over Scotland is nonsense. Someone at that young age has filled his head with nonsense or the other option is he was already a big headed git who couldn't believe that other folk were getting picked ahead of him for the Scotland Nursery team.

From what I have seen against us he is no big loss. With us being the local derby you'd think he'd be able to step up and show us this potential but he ain't done it yet.

For god sakes it was only a couple of years ago I was getting told that my oldest had the potential to do well. He was banging in goals left, right and centre. However that potential seems to have disappeared in the last season or two. Wrong coaches, wrong team, wrong attitude? It could be any of these things but it could also be it was never to be.

The same could be happening to McCarthy or it could be he's burning out. The pressures of the modern game on a youngster can be devastating. Him and McArthur have helped carry the Hamilton side to the SPL and have yet to get a break from it.

Maybe this is why none of the clubs that were reportedly interested in signing him have made moves to do so. Hamilton are just like the rst of the clubs in the SPL and Scottish Football if the right offer cmes in they'll snap your hand off for it.

I really think to see how much potential and ambition he really has we need to see where he goes next.

In the meantime stop fretting about him playing for Ireland. It's not as if he's going to come up against us competitively in the forseeable future.

Fair enough dishing out abuse an opposition player because he plays with accies or has commited some sort of horrific foul in the past against one of our players or whatever, but the sectarian abuse that kid, and lets remember that folks he is just a kid, was getting on saturday was a fucking disgrace. The shouts of "you're in the wrong fucking country" were bang out of order.

A couple of folk have touched on this already but the people that should be booed are the fucking diddy coaches who said he wasn't good enough for Scotland when he is quite clearly a cracking player with lots of potential. Remember as well mcgeady was in the same boat, now how can these coaches say that mcgeady and mccarthy aren't good enough for Scotland yet Kevin Kyle, Paul Devlin and captain Kirk are?

What exactly has mccarthy done wrong he got told he wasn't good enough and got offered the chance somewhere else and took it, he chose to play for his second country instead of no country at all, big fucking woop give the kid a break.

Fair enough dishing out abuse an opposition player because he plays with accies or has commited some sort of horrific foul in the past against one of our players or whatever, but the sectarian abuse that kid, and lets remember that folks he is just a kid, was getting on saturday was a fucking disgrace. The shouts of "you're in the wrong fucking country" were bang out of order.

A couple of folk have touched on this already but the people that should be booed are the fucking diddy coaches who said he wasn't good enough for Scotland when he is quite clearly a cracking player with lots of potential. Remember as well mcgeady was in the same boat, now how can these coaches say that mcgeady and mccarthy aren't good enough for Scotland yet Kevin Kyle, Paul Devlin and captain Kirk are?

What exactly has mccarthy done wrong he got told he wasn't good enough and got offered the chance somewhere else and took it, he chose to play for his second country instead of no country at all, big fucking woop give the kid a break.

I'd love to give the 'kid' a break, I really would :( .

He has made his decision to play for Ireland instead of Scotland, when he was 15 and playing in the 1st division. Some Scottish people don't like that fact so give him abuse for it, hes made his decision and has to live with the consequences, and the abuse is one of those consequences, and it will follow him for all of his career in Scottish football.

What the press say, shouldn't matter a fuck as they talk shite more often than not anyway. Keevins and the like are full of pish, its not racism its voicing displeasure at someone picking another national side over the one that represents his (and most of the fans) country of birth....

........and round and round we go!!!!!!!!!

I think you heap shame on yourself with your constant negative tripe. I'm not saying be happy clappy but for fuck sake, take your head out your arse and smell glove.

Sorry, i must be mistaken, i thought this was a motherwell message board, where all things about the club were spoken.

Is it only good things we must talk about??

No one said that but you ONLY pick on wee stupid negative things. What do you like about this once great club?

Fishing bastard tbh.

I like supporting my team, i like to watch us play.

I dont like the mess of our park

the hole in the roof

the stairs.

Is there a problem with this???