V Accies

Moe_Green

McCarthy doesn't even get 10% of the abuse Brian Kerr got last season or the abuse when and if we play Inverness again.

McCarthy doesn't even get 15% of the abuse Calum Elliot got when we played Hearts...

I see no outcry for these poor white Scottish Blokes.... time we sorted out the abuse our own citizens take while pampering for others as well. FFS! It's a game of football. In other countries alot worse happens, pig heads, mopeds running riots, and all we care about is banning booing and "supposedly" songs that only some people have heard... but only for those who play for Ireland... never mind all those poor Scots that are abused week in week out.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCarthy doesn't even get 10% of the abuse Brian Kerr got last season or the abuse when and if we play Inverness again.

McCarthy doesn't even get 15% of the abuse Calum Elliot got when we played Hearts...

I see no outcry for these poor white Scottish Blokes.... time we sorted out the abuse our own citizens take while pampering for others as well. FFS! It's a game of football. In other countries alot worse happens, pig heads, mopeds running riots, and all we care about is banning booing and "supposedly" songs that only some people have heard... but only for those who play for Ireland... never mind all those poor Scots that are abused week in week out.

That's complete bullshit on a number of levels!

Who mentioned banning booing? Songs that only some have heard?

Here's a statement. If you have been at any Well Vs Accies game this season and haven't heard "You're in the wrong fucking country" Then you're a fucking LIAR!

I think the discussion is on the rights and wrongs of it - not whether it happened or not!

Guys are coming on and stating their views - both sides and thats great that's what its about. Good on the guys that are standing up for the way they intend to behave. I don't agree with that and I'm arguing my point - that's what it's all about.

Moderator? :lol: Shit stirrer mor like

Shit stirring like that does nothing to help the forum!

I will boo McCarthy and give him dogs abuse. I think he deserves it for being very arrogant and being a turncoat. If some people on here think thats wrong then that is their opinion and I am entitled to mine!

Quite right. About time someone cut through the over-sensitive, politically correct shit. I'll boo him cos I don't like him. If he happens to do something disgusting like turn his back on the country of his birth then I'll use that particular stick to beat him with.

The points already been made that many players (including our own) have taken far worse pelters than that ginger turncoat. Last I checked, football was a man's game and it wasn't against the rules for supporters to give opposition players and fans a bit of stick within reason (i.e nothing sectarian or racist).

Big Maros will have the wee traitor in bits before it gets too serious anyway!

Doesn't change the fact that only abuse, according to the media... and some on here... is bad if it happens to a Non-Scot.

There was no outcry last season when after seeing Kerr go off at Easter Road the whole away support of Motherwell (which you could hear on the highlights after the game, not just being there) let rip into him.

There was no media outcry when the Hearts and Motherwell fans let rip into Elliot when he came on as a sub for Hearts in the midweek game. In fact, the radio laughed and joked about it wondering who was given him more pelters.

And when I say let rip, it is not booing!

But now, if for some chance they have an Irish Grandparent and choose to play for Ireland and you say the exact same thing then you're scum, your club is scum! Why is that? Why, because people go out there way to be offended it is unbelivable...

Saying that I won't boo, I'm more of you happy clappy support the team kind of person

Doesn't change the fact that only abuse, according to the media... and some on here... is bad if it happens to a Non-Scot.

There was no outcry last season when after seeing Kerr go off at Easter Road the whole away support of Motherwell (which you could hear on the highlights after the game, not just being there) let rip into him.

There was no media outcry when the Hearts and Motherwell fans let rip into Elliot when he came on as a sub for Hearts in the midweek game. In fact, the radio laughed and joked about it wondering who was given him more pelters.

And when I say let rip, it is not booing!

But now, if for some chance they have an Irish Grandparent and choose to play for Ireland and you say the exact same thing then you're scum, your club is scum! Why is that? Why, because people go out there way to be offended it is unbelivable...

Saying that I won't boo, I'm more of you happy clappy support the team kind of person

No you're more of a "I'll twist your argument" and "paint you as over sensitive politically correct" shit stirring drip!

I more or less called you a liar and that's all you've got to say?

Elliot and Kerr got pelters for what they said and how they behaved at MFC - I'm cool with that

McCarthy gets pelters for something entirely different - something to do with international football. - i'm not into that

I'm not offended. It gives people a chance to put a slur on our club.

I'll tell you something though, I'm not in denial about what we sing as a support.

I see where you're coming from Mr Diggle, but in all honesty when Saturday come I will be singing "you're in the wrong fucking country" and it'll be aimed at James McCarthy.

Still, I agree with the other poster that McCarthy doesn't get half of what Kerr and Elliott get.

I can handle that m d w - at least you recognise it happens mate!

To be honest I'll be getting ripped right into McCarthy and every other Hamilton Accies player.

Singing your in the wrong fuckin country isn't exactly abusive is it?

My mates up here call me a wee weegie bastard, now I dunno about you, but I don't take offence to it, simply retort by calling them teuchter fannies.

How come this had been made much more of an issue than say "You've only got one eye" directed at Dean Shields or whatever. That's personally abusive to someone, whereas stating your in the wrong country... (yes, we know what the underlying meaning is) is not.

The only reason McCarthy chose to play for Ireland is because of the stupid West Coast Syndrome we've got here in Scotland, it's a major identity crisis we need to address. I don't blame McCarthy for being a turncoat, i blame society for influencing him to become one.

I'd sing 'you're in the wrong fcuking country' as technically he is in the wrong country, nothing bigotted about it. He chose to play for ireland over scotland and sums up the majority of what is wrong with the west of scotland and before anyone gets on their high horse i'd sing exactly the same if someone opted to play for n ireland or england.

I couldn't give 2 fcuks what hugh keevins or any of the other pandering to the old firm journalists have to say, the guy turned his back on his country and deserves all the abuse he gets.

But that is you and why should he do that just because you would. He has done absolutely nothing wrong and i don't think for a minute he thinks he's Irish. He has said many a time he would have chosen Scotland over Ireland if asked and that he wanted international experience, he was given a chance and he took it. The guy doesn't deserve abuse for this reason.

Get over it.

But that is you, and why should Supersteelman do that just because you would. See what i did there? Used your argument against you because your argument was, and indeed is, pish.

a

As far as I'm concerned he's Scottish and turned his back on his country, all this pish about "he would have chosen Scotland if asked". He doesn't do the choosing, Scotland chooses, and you wait till you are asked and accept it gratefully. Ray Houghton, Tommy Coyne, and Owen Coyle all spoke to the SFA when approached by the Irish, and were given their blessing. Did McCarthy? Did he hell! Like some first night whore he jumped into bed with the first person that asked, fluttering his eyelashes and claiming to be flattered. He can fuck right off.

The bottom line is, he's Scottish and no other country should be good enough.

Heres a radical thought , use all that passion and pride to cheer and support Motherwell Players (Every single 1 of them) instead of booing and dishing out sectarian abuse at an opposition player and giving the media another big stick to beat us with and Strathclyde Police the opportunity to arrest people and give them reason to continue publishing warnings on our clubs website

Heres a radical thought , use all that passion and pride to cheer and support Motherwell Players (Every single 1 of them) instead of booing and dishing out sectarian abuse at an opposition player and giving the media another big stick to beat us with and Strathclyde Police the opportunity to arrest people and give them reason to continue publishing warnings on our clubs website

Pish. Your entitled to your opinion but the bit in bold is just complete nonsense. I'll be giving him pelters and it'l be nothing to do with "sectarianism".

But that is you, and why should Supersteelman do that just because you would. See what i did there? Used your argument against you because your argument was, and indeed is, pish.

a

As far as I'm concerned he's Scottish and turned his back on his country, all this pish about "he would have chosen Scotland if asked". He doesn't do the choosing, Scotland chooses, and you wait till you are asked and accept it gratefully. Ray Houghton, Tommy Coyne, and Owen Coyle all spoke to the SFA when approached by the Irish, and were given their blessing. Did McCarthy? Did he hell! Like some first night whore he jumped into bed with the first person that asked, fluttering his eyelashes and claiming to be flattered. He can fuck right off.

The bottom line is, he's Scottish and no other country should be good enough.

Fucking great post, from the Lip!!

He can say what he wants aslong as its an opinion and not something that just blatantly isnt true. I will be booing McCarthy and i am not sectarian in the slightest.

Bop, as you rightly point out I, you or anyone can say what they want and I'm delighted that your booing of Mccarthy is not sectarian, may I ask in that case why you will boo him ?