Randolph

Fergie79

Never thought we would have a better keeper for Motherwell after John Ruddy but we do and the best thing is he is not on loan. Randolph should be in the Premiership in the next two years. Our biggest asset imo and the best thing Craig Brown did for the Club.

Randolph is not better than Ruddy

• Like 1

What do you think would've happened to the keeper back then if he'd jumped into the terrace offering fans out ?

My comment was in reply to Special AKAs comment regarding previous dodgy keepers. i.e. folk don't know how lucky we are these days. Nothing about the squaring up.

However, since you ask, if John Gardner jumped the barrier and offered me out I'd have knocked him back - as well as being a shite keeper he was also ugly.

Spot on ..................... SW was the biggest imposter I've ever seen in a goalie shirt. 1st name on the team sheet in worst MFC XI of all time.

That's being kind to him, he couldn't even manage that. He ended up playing 2nd fiddle to something like five different goalkeepers when he was with us and the only time he got a run in the team was when there was no other goalkeeper over the age of 20 at the club to provide competition. Yes he 'tried' but he just wasn't good enough and whenever I think of Woods I think, Scottish Cup 4th Round, 2-1 up against Rangers, five minutes to go...Stevie Woods...Gordon Durie...and that was that. Not by any stretch of the imagination his only major fuck up whilst with us but it was the worst given the circumstances and kind of summed up his entire time at the club. That was 'Woodsy' at his best. :doh:

Thank fuk most of you clowns weren't around when we were relegation fodder, if this is how you react to us being in 3rd/4th spot in Scotland's top flight :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I understand you don't make it to many games these days.

I started supporting the club in 86 and I've seen plenty of relegation battles. The football we are playing at the moment in the home matches is consistently dire and worse than a lot of the seasons we were at the opposite end of the table.

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong but I understand you don't make it to many games these days.

I started supporting the club in 86 and I've seen plenty of relegation battles. The football we are playing at the moment in the home matches is consistently dire and worse than a lot of the seasons we were at the opposite end of the table.

So you started supporting Motherwell in it's Golden Era then ;-) I think Special AKA was most probably talking about the late 70's early 80's when we were always in a relegation battle.

Sure we haven't been playing well of late but the over reaction on here is laughable... FFS we are 4th in the SPL we have one of the smallest sqauds in the league have no money to spend and have one of the smallest pay structures in the league. i'd love to see the reacion if we were actually relegated this place would be in melt down.

I think Randolph's reaction was a tad OTT, in that he shouldn't have even entertained the prospect of entering the stand at all to confront the fan. However, in his defence there are a few factors that led him to it.

The fan in question had been handing out some quite personal abuse to most of the Motherwell players and management throughout the match, and indeed does so most weeks. Referring to your own players as a "dick" "muppet" "arsehole", often preceded with "get tae fuck ye" as well is something I just don't understand. He had been subjected to almost 45 minutes of this by the point he snapped.

Rightly or wrongly, Randolph asked a steward to have a word with the fan a couple of minutes after the shout he took offence to. The steward did nothing to intervene, which I can imagine wound him up even further.

What worried me though was that a player was able to walk past a couple of stewards intent on confronting and possibly physically challenging a fan and nobody stopped him from doing so. The stewards just calmly watched him walk past them and into the stand. Very worrying.

I still think he shouldn't have reacted the way he did, but the abuse for me was way over the line and has been for a number of years now. The guy has been involved in a few verbal confrontations that have threatened to get violent with other fans and Darren Randolph isn't the first Motherwell player to have chipped back at him.

I don't think many people come out of this with any credit to be honest.

• Like 1

Personaly i think Randolph is better than Ruddy was when he was at Fir Park.

Saying that, Ruddy has been playing week in week out against better players for nearly 2years now so i would now expect him to now be the better keeper.

Randolph could hold his own in champ& probably premiership in my opinion.

Ruddy is playing at the Highest level, and is part of a pretty strong norwich team. But i still judge him on his Cock up in the 6-6 Hibs game. Despite this, I'd say he probably just edges Randolph. I think Randolph is the best keeper the SPL has seen in a while but ruddy has gone on to play in the "best" league in the world. A tough one to Call. both excellent keepers and Both equally as good.

He has been better for us. He has made less mistakes over a season and a half than Ruddy did in his season with us. Ruddy did make quite a few but was a great keeper. Randolph has hardly put a foot (glove) wrong for us.

i do not disagree that randolph is great for us. i cannot accept he is better for us than ruddy was though. randy makes his mistakes too

Spot on ..................... SW was the biggest imposter I've ever seen in a goalie shirt. 1st name on the team sheet in worst MFC XI of all time.

The bit that got me with Stevie Woods is that any kind of shot, no matter if it was a sclaff or a thunderbolt at his near post was a certain goal.

The bit that got me with Stevie Woods is that any kind of shot, no matter if it was a sclaff or a thunderbolt at his near post was a certain goal.

:laugh: That's the Stevie Woods revisionism lesson for today concluded, I forgot how he was responsible for World Poverty and all when he was here. This debate meanders along in Gannonesque fashion still, classic.