Fir Park Dj Must Go

Jay

IMHO its been going downhill since we stopped playing "Rose Garden" by Lynn Anderson in the early 70s

:cheers:

So smile for a while and let's be jolly:

Love shouldn't be so melancholy.

Come along and share the good times while we can.

I beg your pardon,

I never promised you a rose garden.

Along with the sunshine,

There's gotta be a little rain sometimes.

IMHO its been going downhill since we stopped playing "Rose Garden" by Lynn Anderson in the early 70s

:cheers:

So smile for a while and let's be jolly:

Love shouldn't be so melancholy.

Come along and share the good times while we can.

I beg your pardon,

I never promised you a rose garden.

Along with the sunshine,

There's gotta be a little rain sometimes.

:laugh:

I was talking about exactly this at half time, shite songs mixed in shitey ways that don't even work. The worst of the lot is the one where he "mixes" Sex On Fire and Dakota without paying the slightest bit of attention to timing. If the club must have a mixing type DJ rather than a radio type DJ, at least get someone that isn't fucking shit at it.

I doubt there's anyone spending the first half thinking "hmmmm...I wonder what it would sound like if Rihanna was in The Proclaimers". Just play some tunes of the day, one after the other. It's no hard.

Completely agree with this, it's fucking embarrassing. :doh:

That was utterly horrendous last night, the mash up of David Guetta Titanium and 500 miles was horrific. Please just play some straightforward tunes, even if it is just whatever the current chart music is, just stay away from the mixing desk please.

Aye last night's music was horrendous! I'm sure there were no 'mash-ups' at the Hearts game but maybe it was just being saved for last night! There was one that was actually about 10 songs in 1... it was like someone flicking through the music channels... as for the Proclaimers effort that was just truly awful!

We were saying the same thing last night, with some folk going to e-mail the club to say how utterly ganting it is.

If we are about trying to improve the "matchday experience" then this starts with the music being played too.

Surely there is some way we can get fan involvement in this? Maybe tie it in with season ticket holders/well society members where there is a draw at the start of the season and the winners are given their chance to make a playlist up (with a few rules thrown in about swearies and certain, perennial Motherwell songs (up the well and, erm, the Samba song being untouchable) for the pre match, half time and post match.

Anything is better than what we have now, which is just embarassingly bad.

Wouldn't waste your time emailing the Club.

I did that a few weeks ago regarding the tannoy/music when I read their Twitter comment saying a number of folk had commented on the volume in the East Stand but as they put it "isn't the music great". I made the point that if I had responded to customer complaints in such an off hand manner I wouldn't be in my job long!

I got a response from the Facilities Manager saying they hadn't had any complaints about the volume of the East Stand tannoy and that Twitter is just meant to be a bit of fun. I suggested he or one of his team actually come over to the East Stand and listen .... but obviously they haven't!

Wheest Diggle.

Nabody likes yer ska, mod pish. Yer living in the past.

Cannot beat a bit of Adele mixed in with Chumbawumba through a fucked speaker. Its the future.

Lies. We should get an Al Jolson tribute act. There's not enough Blackface Cabaret these days. We'd also be able to put the "racist Motherwell fans" slur to bed if we had a genuine pretend black guy.

• Like 2

Wouldn't waste your time emailing the Club.

I did that a few weeks ago regarding the tannoy/music when I read their Twitter comment saying a number of folk had commented on the volume in the East Stand but as they put it "isn't the music great". I made the point that if I had responded to customer complaints in such an off hand manner I wouldn't be in my job long!

I got a response from the Facilities Manager saying they hadn't had any complaints about the volume of the East Stand tannoy and that Twitter is just meant to be a bit of fun. I suggested he or one of his team actually come over to the East Stand and listen .... but obviously they haven't!

I was tweeting for Motherwell that day and on matchdays we adopt a slightly more informal tone. It's meant as a bit of banter between the fans and somewhat ironically the tweet about the "tunes being great" was completely in jest and actually I was agreeing that the song choices aren't to my taste either!