Remember The 93/94 And 94/95 Seasons?

BigColin08

Hey all

With all the comments on a previous post remembering the glory days of the mid 90s I thought I'd post the links to some cracking you tube vids.

What a team that was back then. :yahoo:

Whats your thoughts or memories from those seasons ?

Heres a link to what was one of my favourites from 96

Anyone else remember beating Celtic in the last minute after playing 60 mins with Jamie Dolan in goal? :yahoo:

• Like 1

look at our away support against Celtic then :notworthy: and tomorrow we'll have so many die hards not there cos of the shite we have to put up with at that shithole. PS Tommy Coyne, what a bloody player he was

The people that run the game in this country should watch stuff like that and hang their head in shame. Away supports add so much to the atmosphere. I believe if the costing and particularly strewarding were right we found recover that a bit.

Full body cavity search prior to entry. Some hi vis neanderthal growling at you the second you lift a buttock off yer seat? Pay £26 for the pleasure? Sorry, Ram it!

It's an insult to folks decency & intelligence.

Anyway - great great days in those clips. Thanks to the folks posting them

Steve - that and the introduction of home clubs keeping all the gate money certainly put many off. As Colin stated on another thread we travelled all over for games, however this stopped once this was introduced.

I know many others who chose not to got for that very reason - suited who? - yes you guessed it the Old Scum, they basically creamed the top and wiped out any real chance of competing on a reasonable basis in one foul swoop. :dash2:

look at our away support against Celtic then :notworthy: and tomorrow we'll have so many die hards not there cos of the shite we have to put up with at that shithole. PS Tommy Coyne, what a bloody player he was

precisely ............................... was better when terracing, where thousands of us could give it laldy without some Fergal Steward giving you grief.

Always remember that celtic game at fir park when Ian Ross scored that goal. ,In the cooper boxes they were full of celtic supporters who were giving us the get it up u from within . When we scored our goal everyone in our section ran to the said cooper box and gave them f**king dogs abuse. Yours truly was caught on camera giving it, get it right f**king up you, Qualitythumbup.gifthumbup.gif Those were the days!!!!!!!!!!

Life was fucking brilliant in the nineties.. That night at Ibrox was the only time I've seen us win there.

For a long spell, we always fancied our chances against Celtic but the Iain Ross winner was one of the finest moments...

Me too. When Dougie scored to go 2-1 up, me and the guy sitting next to me (who I didn't know) hugged me and we jumped up and down in delirious celebration!

I also remember going close when I think it was Coyne scored and then Shivute put us 2-1 up but we didn't quite hang on and it ended in a draw.

My last trip to Ibrox was a heart breaker, when Duncan Ferguson scored very late on to give them a win. We were in the lower tier of the stand and the scumbags above were spitting down on us and throwing coins. I was hit on the head with a coin which drew blood and after that I vowed never to go back - which I never have.

We did use to take huge away supports (4,000 at least) to Parkhead back in the terrace days but to be fair a lot of them, and I'm being charitable here in my descriptions, were the type of Motherwell supporter than only turned up for Celtic games! It probably also helped that we had a terrific record against Celtic in those days. I can't remember exactly, but it will be in the correct ballpark, in the late eighties and early ninties we went on a run against Celtic where we only lost 3 out of 11 matches. Something like that anyway.

I also remember a 2-0 win against Aberdeen at Fir Park which was a big result in those days and a little further back, a 4-2 win against Dundee United (88/89?), again another huge result comparable to beating the Old Firm nowadays.

I traveled to all the away matches back then, I have a 100% record at Pittodrie! Tannadice was a different matter though! And of course the run-for-your-life dash from Easter Road across the wee railway bridge that was necessary in those days (it was worth it to see Mio score)!

There were some decenet times at the bigot bros parks but the financial kick in (built on fuckin flute dust) meant 90% matches were a fore-gone conclusion. We have had to put up with the scum of the west of scotland giving us pish + the fuckwit-est of stewards backing it up. haveny been to either of them for possibly decades while enjoying a trips to every other ground the well go to in Scotland.

In my heid, it's us, the clubs in Scotland outwith the OF, against they c***s. In outlook, principles & fuckin ideas how we should approach our team's support.

Get the h**s to fuck, see hoe the tims get on, they arnt caled the old firm for fuck all.