Davie Cooper

joewarkfanclub

Couldnt believe it when I saw the news today and realised how long it had been since Coops passing.

A truly exceptional talent and possibly the greatest talent I have ever witnessed in a Motherwell shirt. The joy on his face as he lifted the Cup in '91 spoke a thousand words.

Safe to say only Faddy has got anywhere close in the years since.

Will we ever see his likes again.

RIP Coop. A gentleman and Motherwell Great!

A wee Coop story.

I was a manger at an EK electronics coy. and was hiring a warehouse supervisor.

Went out the front reception to meet John and theres this guy sitting with him. Noticed all the gers guys out the warehouse hanging about and chased them to get back to work.

Turns out it was the DC himself. Anyhow his brother was a great employee. We had loads of good and some bad times. (business wise)

It led to some sort of inside Rangers stuff. If anyone can remember if COOP was "injured" anywhere around Wimbeldon time it meant he was at Wimbeldon he was a tennis fanatic and a very very good player. Loads of horse tips via Gers players whos dads were trainers.

Anyhow Motorola sponsoring the Well came from that. I tried it later with Liteon but you know how that went,

Will never forget being mascot in 1991 just after we'd won the cup. The announcer read out my name and favourite player Davie Cooper which was met by a massive, massive cheer. Still get goosebumps thinking about it. Easily the greatest player i've had the pleasure to see, will never be matched in my opinion. legend.

No denying the skill of the man as i remember seeing most of these games in the video but i don't remember the defenders back then being so pish. It was well known he only had one leg with his right foot only for standing on but these defenders were continually showing him onto his left & that's suicide against a man with such skill.

My favourite moment of his Well career was at Fir Park after Anton Rogan had kicked him up & down the park after yet another foul he picked the ball up & showed it to Rogan & said here's the ball here. Brilliant!