2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Yes, and I for one can't argue with anything you say there.

However the reality - taking everything into account - is that we are going to find ourselves in trouble should we be forced to sell arguably our two best players.

Sorry, but I don't think anyone at our club just now is irreplaceable (well, maybe Lasley on current form), and as such I'd consider the loss of Law and Hutch as negatives for us, but I don't see it being a season destroying move.

McCall will bring in replacements if we lose either of those two, that's a certainty.

Fleetwood Town are reportedly lining up a move for former Motherwell midfielder Steve Jennings.

Jennings is available on a free transfer after turning down the offer of a new deal at Motherwell this summer.

The 27-year-old had been in talks with Coventry about a possible move to the Ricoh Arena after impressing for them in pre-season.

However, Fleetwood have moved in for Jennings and hope to lure the former Tranmere man to Highbury.

The ambitious League Two club have already signed the likes of Jon Parkin and Barry Nicholson and Fleetwood boss Micky Mellon hopes to add Jennings to his squad ahead of the new season.

Yawn.

Yer boy got kicked out the Jamaica squad and then (one shot aside) forgot to turn up for the first two games of this season. Give it a rest.

Anyway, Jenno's history. Wish him all the best, but Motherwell players are far more important!

Jennoe is not good enough to demand a first team place every week in Leugue One....Good player in SPL yes... Average in League One.

So support them then you numty!

Jennoe is not good enough to demand a first team place every week in Leugue One....Good player in SPL yes... Average in League One.

Yer boy Humphrey wasn't good enough to even hold down a regular starting place in an SPL team last season, what does that make him? An average league 2 player?

If guys like McArthur (not McCarthy) can go from Accies to EPL first team, I think Jennings might just cope in League One.

What are you bumping your gums about man? Jennings isn't "demanding" anything, is he? He's moved on to another club, was a good servant of Motherwell while he was here. Good luck, all the best and so on.

• Like 1

If guys like McArthur (not McCarthy) can go from Accies to EPL first team, I think Jennings might just cope in League One.

I actually agree with you Weeyin, Jennings wont struggle in League One, as he is going to arguabally the strongest team in League One, but by no means is he certain to start every week.

But Coventry City might not be the best move for him currently, they havent paid the rent in Six months, and are by no means on a strong financial footing, and administration is a real possibility.

What are you bumping your gums about man? Jennings isn't "demanding" anything, is he? He's moved on to another club, was a good servant of Motherwell while he was here. Good luck, all the best and so on.

Not bumping gums MAN, just giving my opinion on a League I prob know much more about than you, and a player who will not find playing in League One easy. Thats my point. At no stage have I slated Jennoe, Just trying to make the blinkered amongst you understand life in League One is pretty tough.

• Like 1

Yer boy Humphrey wasn't good enough to even hold down a regular starting place in an SPL team last season, what does that make him? An average league 2 player?

I really hope I can re post this, next week really I do, He is one of your own players FFS. And the team have been brilliant since he got injured. Wise up. The team is better with him in it.... As proven Saturday, as we were bloody terrible.

Not bumping gums MAN, just giving my opinion on a League I prob know much more about than you, and a player who will not find playing in League One easy. Thats my point. At no stage have I slated Jennoe, Just trying to make the blinkered amongst you understand life in League One is pretty tough.

You said Jenning's would be "demanding" a first-team place every week, didn't you? That's blatantly not true at all though, is it?

He'll come into the squad and do his best to get picked every week. As for you "probably knowing more about League one than me", you do understand that such chat just makes you sound like a Grade A tit?

From what I've seen there are a few forum members who believe he's good enough to get into Coventry's starting 11, which is their opinion. It has nothing to do with being blinkered (although the idea of you saying that about anyone else on this forum is laughable).

Get a grip.

I really hope I can re post this, next week really I do, He is one of your own players FFS. And the team have been brilliant since he got injured. Wise up. The team is better with him in it.... As proven Saturday, as we were bloody terrible.

1). Calm down love.

2). We were just as shite if not worse against County with yer boy Humphrey starting.

3). I never slagged Humphrey, I was merely pointing out your flawed logic. Which you didn't even try and defend instead you just threw the toys straight out the pram.

4). I actually like Humphrey for what he is but unlike you who's clearly his agent/relative/mate I can see his obvious flaws and limitations.

5). I've seen you dish out plenty of stick on here to the likes of Higdon & Murphy so stop taking the moral high ground when folk have a go at your boy(although no one really has). Give it rest, if you have an emotional attachment to a player a fans fourm is not the place for you.

Last thing I'm going to say on the matter to stop this thread from being derailed even further.

Here's how some Coventry fans reckon they'll line up. Please note these people are much more qualified to judge how he will fit into their team. If you do feel that you are better qualified, being an all knowing fountain of knowledge regarding the English League 1, feel free to reply.

I would agree Bluto, though if we play the diamond then we could set up like this:

Jennings

Barton - Kilbane

Fleck

I'd rather see a midfield like this.....

Barton - Jennings

Baker - Fleck - McSheffrey