2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Talk within 48hrs brings us to Sunday, we then have 3 days of discussion and negotiations to Wed night. And we can still register a player up to midnight on Wed to play v Levante (even to feature from the bench). A bit ahead of myself, but the potential could be there. And I am happy to have that potential scenario circulating my thought process for the next 5 days..

McCall must believe that the deal is possible otherwise he wouldn't have made comment about it, knowing the mass hysteria it's likely to cause from Well Fans unless there was actually a good bit of potential behind a possible deal. I certainly don't think he is foolish enough to whet the appetite of fans about the legend returning, only for it to be a red herring..

Nobody wants McFadden. That's the reality. Giving him a grand or two a week more than he's earning just now, complete with a miniscule minimum fee release clause is hardly as far fetched as some folk on here believe.

Exactly. The longer he went without a club, the better it was for us. Wonder if that has been our plan all along. "Take the Summer, get a club. Nobody comes in for you, then let's talk. You know the situation here and what we can and can't offer so let's not be dillydallying. We've a European game coming up, lovely big shop window".

I can certainly understand the change around. When it was first spoke about we were all expecting a huge drop in funds due to what happened with Rangers. Now that its come out that its not as bad as first though and we have more money than expected, we might be able to put something realistic on the table. Especially with how many players have left this summer and the wages that has been freed up. He would certainly fit in the first team, put him on the left and keep law in the middle, or law on left and faddy in the middle supporting the strikers, both could work. He gives us that left footed attacking player we have been gagging for.

Like has been said, we should have kept this hush hush.

Like has been said, we should have kept this hush hush.

To be honest, if it wasn't closing to being done, I doubt the club would make such a statement. All it would achieve to do would be attract possible suitors and set the fans up for a fall. Bad business and PR.

Hoping my theory gets proved correct!

Also, whilst on topic, I noticed today Nicky Devlin has joined Dumbarton on loan.

Maybe McCall's just trying to help him to get a club sorted as any who have been showing interest may be pushed into making him an offer if they think he may be about to sign for someone else.

Would absolutely love it if he did sign for us though!

Maybe McCall's just trying to help him to get a club sorted as any who have been showing interest may be pushed into making him an offer if they think he may be about to sign for someone else.

:blink:

So McCall setting up loads of Motherwell fans for a fall just to do the job the Faddy's agent will be getting paid through the nose to do. Would not be happy about that at all.

:blink:

So McCall setting up loads of Motherwell fans for a fall just to do the job the Faddy's agent will be getting paid through the nose to do. Would not be happy about that at all.

I did say maybe!

Like I said, would love it to happen but not too hopeful if I'm honest.

Maybe McCall's negotiated a cut of his signing on fee...........whistling.gif

As I said last week, James McFadden is fast becoming the new Freddie Dindeleux on here, hardly a fortnight goes by without 'rumours' of him signing cropping up.

That said though I still think there's about as much chance of Dindeleux singing for us as there is Faddy.

I suspect this might just be a clever attempt at a PR stunt by the club in order to shift more tickets for next Thursday. Fair play to them for trying it though...

• Like 1

Could someone explain how the supposed signing of McFadden will sell us more tickets for Thursday's game?

Thanks in advance. x

just the thought of faddy in a 'Well shirt ripping three defenders then banging a 25 yard beauty into the top bin is enough to make the average lanarkshire resident moist imo

• Like 1

I like most on here are sceptical this will ever come to pass. Also what is McCall doing announcing this even if there was the faintest chance, unless he is doing Faddy a favour and trying to drum up interest.

However and it is a big IF..............he signs

I think it only fair that MJC and all other naysayers drive a large rusty nail through their nether regions live on MFCTV.

Think about it - it would be a double dose of happiness :thumbup:

• Like 3

Could someone explain how the supposed signing of McFadden will sell us more tickets for Thursday's game?

Thanks in advance. x

Because talk like this excites the support, whips them into a frenzy and gets some of them believing that there is actually a chance that we could sign this fans favourite, Scotland internationalist who is way out of our wage bracket. Thus, they are more tempted to go out and buy tickets for what is a big match for the club and one that could bring in some much needed cash through gate money.

There's absolutely not even the most remotest of chances that James McFadden could or would sign for Motherwell now or any time in the foreseeable future, but some Motherwell fans have somehow managed to convince themselves that it could happen, despite all the evidence to say otherwise and so the club are just playing on that. In my opinion of course.

• Like 1