Hearts Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

no, but he is one of only two people in the team that can actually header the ball, him and hutch.

Great idea, take the big man out of a game against hearts when high balls are going to be prevalent.

Shhhh.... don't ye know we're not going to give away any throw-ins, corners or free-kicks anywhere withing 40 yards of our goal line <_>

So is Higdon untouchable now because he got abuse at the start of the season?

No, he's untouchable for Tuesday because he just had a very decent game in a cracking Motherwell victory and is an important asset to the team both defensively and offensively, even on an off day. Personally I find the idea of dropping him from a side that just won 5-1 in order to go with two small, lightweight attackers who are extremely similar absolutely mental.

• Like 4

Ideally I'd have Ojamaa in for Murphy but I don't think that goes down well on here either. I just think it's unfair that ojamaa shouldn't start when he's just scored two in 10 minutes.

It's a lot easiet to score once all the hard work has been done.

We were well balanced yesterday. Same team for Tuesday. Murphy knows he has to play well to keep Ojamaa out the team.

Ideally I'd have Ojamaa in for Murphy but I don't think that goes down well on here either. I just think it's unfair that ojamaa shouldn't start when he's just scored two in 10 minutes.

Can't agree. Scoring two goals (one of which was an absolute howler from the keeper) after coming off the bench in a game that's practically already won against defenders that have already been run ragged by Humphrey and co does not equate to an automatic starting place IMO, especially given no player deserves to be dropped.

Can't agree. Scoring two goals (one of which was an absolute howler from the keeper) after coming off the bench in a game that's practically already won against defenders that have already been run ragged by Humphrey and co does not equate to an automatic starting place IMO, especially given no player deserves to be dropped.

Exactly. We must be the smallest team in the SPL so taking out Higdon would be the first sign of lunacy. The number of headers he has won at corners we have been defending this season is phenomenal, I think no example greater than in the 1-0 win against Hearts back in August. I also don't think Ojamaa and Murphy would work that well, there is no focal point at all.

No coincidence Higdon had a good game yesterday when we play 2 up front.

Hearts are a big physical team so its a no brainer for him to retain his place.

Same team as yesterday and give it a real go as yesterdays results means its effectively a 'freebie' and the prize within our grasp!

What a difference a week makes.....

I'd drop Higgy and bring in Ojamaa who looked back to his sharp self again today. Get Murphy and Henrik running the Hearts backline ragged.

Of course, McCall won't do this :rolleyes:

As everyone else has said - lunacy!! Higgy offers more than just goals. He cant play up top himself, and we have seen the benefits when he has a partner in crime. Murph and Henrik both want to come deep to get the ball - you need a partnership where they compliment each other, not when both are the same

Templeton is likely to get a runout so hopefully Hateley is ready for him this time.

For me, its no coincidence that Hateley and Hammell have both had their worst games for us when Daley has played in front of them. Leave him out the team for later in the game and we should be ok!!

As a side note, at one point on Saturday in the first half, (Murphy - i think) had a "chance" to get a shot away as the ball dropped/bounced - although it wasnt really a "chance" - if he had hit that shot, it was going in the top tier..............but that small nanosecond clearly separated those in the support who know and dont know about football

A very difficult game for us tomorrow, especially with the way they played against Utd and with a cup final looming - you dont know what Hearts will turn up - but our incentive has to be CL football and transfer all the pressure to Utd

COYW!!!!!!!!!

Big match - the points difference after the two matches could range between 8 points (We're There!) to 2 points (Shit!).

Hopefully we can get a rare win at Tynecastle but I have to say I have fears about Rangers. They look absolutely gubbed again after the wee revival they got from beating us. Wouldn't not surprise me in the slightest if Dundee Utd got points at Ibrox for the second time this season but obviously I hope that's not the case.

Also who the hell would change our team now when we just got back on track! Same 11 again please and for the rest of the season.

I think all the games should be played at the same time at this stage of the season. I think we will do well to get a point against Hearts but as long as United lose it doesn't matter. It would just be typical if they won at Ibrox..