Hearts Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

Just can't see Utd picking up 9 points. Three games against the top three sides, two of them away. There's no doubt they've got a more difficult finish than we have AND they need to make up 5 points.

They only have to gain 2 points over the next 2 matches and then beat us in the final game if we don't pick up any points.

Even if we drew at Hearts and Dundee Utd beat Rangers, we lose at Ibrox and they against Celtic, Dundee Utd could still pip us on the final day.

Basically it's unlikely Dundee Utd will make up 5 points before the last match but its not unlikely that they can still take it to the last day and clinch it with a victory over us.

Remember that Dundee United have a far superior goal difference and although its unlikely now that will come into play because of the combination of results you'd need to finish on equal points its still possible Dundee Utd ould take this on goal difference.

We have an advantage but I still think the crucial factor here is Dundee Utd are much more likely to take points off the old firm and if get 2 points against Rangers and Celtic (in whatever combination of results) and we don't beat Hearts the likelyhood is it's going to the last match.

Apologies but there is a PATG option for ALL tomorrow isn't there?

I assumed (and hoped!) so, but the official site doesn't make it particularly clear.

They tweeted something yesterday, a reminder along the lines of if you are buying on the night remember there no concessions, which implied that there would be the option of a PATG or at least being able to buy a ticket through there.

Fortunatley, Uniteds record against Celtic is similar to ours against Rangers.

Celtic have won the league though and beat Rangers handsomely yesterday in what was their last big game of the season. The players will have switched off now and I can see Utd beating Celtic.

They tweeted something yesterday, a reminder along the lines of if you are buying on the night remember there no concessions, which implied that there would be the option of a PATG or at least being able to buy a ticket through there.

But not for concessions? Shambles.

Cheers guys. Official site not very clear at all. Hearts are always a shambles when it comes to concessions and bumping up prices on the night.

Aye, the official site suggests that Hearts might sell tickets on the night (presumably if they can be arsed), but if they do then it'll simply be £23 for adults and £15 for all concessions (with no cheaper prices for U18s and U12s).

That would be fair enough for a student like myself given it's £15 anyway, but that still suggests that there's the chance there will be no tickets on sell tomorrow night at Tynecastle.

Bit of clarification needed either from Motherwell or Hearts.

In fact, just clocked this from earlier on the MFC Twitter:

Ticket reminder for Tynecastle too - If you purchase on the night, there will be no seperate U18 or U12 ticket. All concessions will be £15.

Sounds like it's a goer then, at £23 and £15.

Celtic have won the league though and beat Rangers handsomely yesterday in what was their last big game of the season. The players will have switched off now and I can see Utd beating Celtic.

Pressure's off them though and they're playing for fun. I can see them giving every team they play up until the end of the season an absolute doing.

Forget what other teams will or won't do,we have our destiny in our own hands and if we fail its our own fault.

Exactly. Like I said before the St. Johnstone game, I'd much rather be in our position than Dundee Utd's position. All we need to be worrying about is winning our own games and 3rd position will be ours.

You can't ask for more than being in control of your own fate.

Aye, the official site suggests that Hearts might sell tickets on the night (presumably if they can be arsed), but if they do then it'll simply be £23 for adults and £15 for all concessions (with no cheaper prices for U18s and U12s).

That would be fair enough for a student like myself given it's £15 anyway, but that still suggests that there's the chance there will be no tickets on sell tomorrow night at Tynecastle.

Bit of clarification needed either from Motherwell or Hearts.

I emailed the club, they reckon there'll be about 300 tickets on the gate. Not sure how many fans we'll take given it's on tele so that should be plenty. 15 quid is a bit steep for a student but I guess thats the way it is! Hopefully the performance will be worth it and we can celebrate (almost ) guaranteed champions league football with a win!

Would go with the same team as Saturday, give or take Ojamaa for Murphy. Jamie's put in some great performances against Hearts in recent seasons so with a bit of confidence I reckon he can be among the goals tomorrow.

hadn't even thought about tickets surely there be enough in said cabins

i'd go with the same 11 as saturday think it will be 2-0 to 'well with hump to destroy danny grainger. I also have a feeling that nicky law will score again may stick that on a coupon.

canny flippin wait

Spoke to the office today and we had sold a mind boggling 71 tickets.....

Lass said the returned tickets will be available to by from the gates directly...

Won't be a problem getting in for those who travel late.

Good news. Wouldn't read too much into the 71 tickets sold, I don't actually know anyone who buys a Tynecastle brief in advance.

5 of us heading through anyway.

I know the game is on a Tuesday evening..........I know the game is on Sky Sports 1...........

But if you are swithering whether to go or not....................

I am (hoping) looking forward to saying "I was at Tynecastle the night we sealed Champion League football":thumbup:

Not many times will you be able to say that as a Motherwell Fan.

Of course we probably need to win and then DDee U to not win v the Currant Buns. But IF that happens..........

• Like 1