• Stephen Craigan
    • Chris Humphrey
    • Steve Jennings
    • Nicky Law
    • Keith Lasley
    • Jamie Murphy
    • Henrik Ojamma
    • Michael Higdon

Tell you what, this could go to anyone! Sitting looking at the list of players just reinforces that, although there's been quiet spells for each player as you'd expect, every one of them has played a huge part and has been outstanding at times.

At the moment I'm leaning towards Lasley, however I'm not going to vote just now - A. Because I can't actually decide for sure; and B. There's still two games left!

Agree with Jay, that it could to anyone, but I eventually settled Hutchy. For a relatively young guy to come in and play as often as he has done and as consistently well as he has done has been remarkable and off great value to the team and the rewards we are currently reaping as a result.

It says it all that you've only listed 13 players, been a real team effort this season with no one player being the usual head and shoulders above the rest.

Randolph - I reckon he is the most consistent keeper we've had, played in 73 games of 74 since he signed!!

Hammell - again total consistency ALL season from a Club stalwart

Hateley - had a bit of dip in form recently but as far as over the course of the season goes, has there been a better right-back in the whole league?

Hutch - would header a brick wall if you asked him to I reckon, he has been slightly unlucky with injuries and is still learning his game if I'm being totally honest, but easily young player of the year and will go onto bigger things

Clancy - a real favourite of mine, considering we got him for fuck all from Killie Reserves and the fact that I thought he was a bombscare anytime I had seen him before, I've been delighted with how he has played this season

Lasley - this has been his best season in C&A and has chipped in with some goals as well, his partnership with Jennings is as good as we've had since Lambert, Davies and Dolan. Only thing that would let him down is his disciplinary record

Jennings - To my mind, Jenno makes the team tick, when he plays we play and if I was pushed he'd be my player of the year. I'd be surprised to see him play in the Champions League next season as I'm sure some bigger clubs would be dleighted to have him

Humphrey - I'm a big critic of Humphrey simply because he frustrates the lifev out of me, but when he is on his game (such as against Perth Saints) he is unplayable, needs to try and add consistency to his game though

Murphy - A decent goals return this season, considering he's spent much of it on the left-side of midfield

Law - Had a bit of an up and down season, one week looks shit-hot the other it seems as though the corner flag has some sort of magnetic force that pulls him in. Has goals in his locker, just wish he'd pull the trigger a wee bit more often, but again when he has Lasley and Jenno beside him he seems to thrive

Higdonkey - the big man isnt exactly easy on the eye at times, but I;d far rather have him in our team than be up against us. Has 16 goals so far, which is a very good return, he has had to deal with a load of shite from the clueless amongst us as well, but he is integral to our team. Hopefully we'll never see him up front, isolated on his todd again though

Ojamma - exploded onto the scene and really hauled us through a sticky spell and turned our season around. Next season will be a huge one in his career though.

Anyway, if forced, I'd go for Jennings.

• Like 2

Jenno for me. His performances this season have been superb and all the more outstanding given the potentially career threatening allegations which have until recently been hanging over him. He make our midfield and team tick over and to me is totally under-rated for the technique he has when on the ball with most fans focusing on his ball-winning skills.

I think Lasley will walk the poll on here given he's the husbands favourite! :wub:

Jenno for me. His performances this season have been superb and all the more outstanding given the potentially career threatening allegations which have until recently been hanging over him. He make our midfield and team tick over and to me is totally under-rated for the technique he has when on the ball with most fans focusing on his ball-winning skills.

I think Lasley will walk the poll on here given he's the husbands favourite! :wub:

+1 for me.

For me it's been the pairing of Jenno and Las if either one is missing we have struggled at time. I've voted for Las as the only difference between them has been the goals.

However I'd like to give a special mention to

Darren Randolph

Lee Hollis

Tom Bradley

Tom Clancy

Stevie Hammell

Tom Hateley

Hutchie

Crags

Stevie Saunders

Nicky Law

Steven Lawless

Omar Daley

Chris Humphrey

Jamie Murphy

Henrik Ojamaa

Higgy

Jonathan Page

Bob McHugh

Stewart Carswell

Adam Cummings

Jamie Pollock

If there is anyone else I missed I apologise but all of these players have played some part in what is turning out to be a memorable season.

Well done to all.

For me it's been the pairing of Jenno and Las if either one is missing we have struggled at time. I've voted for Las as the only difference between them has been the goals.

However I'd like to give a special mention to

Darren Randolph

Lee Hollis

Tom Bradley

Tom Clancy

Stevie Hammell

Tom Hateley

Hutchie

Crags

Stevie Saunders

Nicky Law

Steven Lawless

Omar Daley

Chris Humphrey

Jamie Murphy

Henrik Ojamaa

Higgy

Jonathan Page

Bob McHugh

Stewart Carswell

Adam Cummings

Jamie Pollock

If there is anyone else I missed I apologise but all of these players have played some part in what is turning out to be a memorable season.

Well done to all.

Love that Bradley, Lawless and Pollock get a mention but Ross Forbes doesn't... forgotten man right enough! :evilgrin:

At the moment I'm leaning towards Lasley, however I'm not going to vote just now - A. Because I can't actually decide for sure; and B. There's still two games left!

Whoever scores the winner on Saturday Jay? evilgrin.gif

Tbh, I can't really say who should be POTY. As mentioned, you could quite successfully argue the case for everyone to get it from Randolph to Higdon.

But I would be inclined to go for Hammell. He's our vice-vice captain and has had to step up to lead the team on a few occasions when suspensions have hit. He has not put a single foot wrong all season and his screamer against the sheep was a valuable goal at a time of the season where we had to keep the momentum up after going out the cup.

Only reason I haven't went for either Jennings or Lasley is the amount of bookings and suspensions they have picked up. Although I do realise that the role they play in the middle of the park means that they will pick up more bookings a lot more easily. And I do know it's nitpicking but when we have been without one of them, we do seem to struggle a wee bit more.

In short, Jennings brings the best out in Lasley and vice-versa IMO and their partnership is one of the main reasons to our success.

But it's Player of the Year, not partnership or forward/back line of the year. And to me, Steven Hammell has been our best player this season.

It nearly an impossible call. Hammell and Lasley probably just about most consistent. Jennings after a slow start up there, as is Nicky Law. Big Higdon for all his detractors been key and 16 goals been a solid return. Hutchison not to far away from being a contender, likewise Randolph though feel he was a bit more impressive last season.

I voted for Randolph, I think he gets overlooked because he is in goals, he's earned us a load of points with the amount of clean sheets we've had (with the help of the rest of the team). BUT Weeyins idea appeals as this is a special year and why not just give it to the whole team?

Iwas gonna type unique year but hopefully this is just the start of a long run of Champions league appearances.