• Stephen Craigan
    • Chris Humphrey
    • Steve Jennings
    • Nicky Law
    • Keith Lasley
    • Jamie Murphy
    • Henrik Ojamma
    • Michael Higdon

Went for jennings but can see why people voted the others. One thing I would say is that lasley has disappointed me this year with his discipline and that's why I didn't vote for him. But when his been in the team, he's the rock which just made me angry as it could really have cost us. But all in all, a fantastic year of our best team in years imo

Can't remember as tough a year to pick.

Up to 7/8 could all justify a vote.

I went for big Hutch, for a young guy he has come on so quickly given injuries. To think before McCall came in he was on his way to Ayr on loan. Can still learn more but right now has the biggest potential to earn us a decent fee.

Special mention to Randy, Jenno and Las maybe expectations for these guys are a bit higher and that's why Hutch got it for me.

If I went by MotM votes I've given more to Stevie Hammell this season (4 votes) than any one else.

I think Randolph, Hutchinson, Hammell, Lasley and Jennings have all been stalwarts. Very difficult to make a decision.

Maybe for sheer consistency Randolph and Hammell get the nod but an on form Lasley is a huge player for us but perhaps he wasn't quite as good in the second half of the season.

I think I'm right in saying we kept a record number of clean sheets this season so for that reason I might go for Darren Randolph.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, now the season is actually over and have a little time for reflection I went for the housewives favourite!

Very close between Lasley and Jenno for the most consistent/influential/missed when not playing categories and both picked up a few costly suspensions but I think Las's goals just edge it in his favour. A few of them were crackers too!

who voted for ojamma?

This is a player of the SEASON poll, not half a season

Wasn't me, but you could certainly argue his initial contribution put our season back on track just when it looked like it might be wobbling a little bit.

who voted for ojamma?

This is a player of the SEASON poll, not half a season

So if Ojamma came in and scored 40 goals and 20 assists he wouldnt have been entitled to player of the season??

Poor logic!!

I didnt vote for him but Ojamma bursting onto the scene is probably what got us 3rd spot.

First three months I thought Hateley was the one leading the way but he receded to just good.

Humphrey is the guy who gets the place buzzing as when he turns off the afterburners we are just a cross away from carnage in the opposition box. But the crossing is too erratic to be a serious contender.

The three leading contenders are Lasley, Jennings and Hammell and my inclination is Jennings shades it from the other two. No accident that our three straight losses at Christmas were when he missed out and the steering job he did with Page, Cummins and Carswell in that win against Aberdeen in March was outstanding.