Pitch Invasion

gunn

Ok, put yourself in the players boots, walking off the pitch and 1000 fans are steaming towards you? There isn't a health and safety issue?

Och gies peace man, it's another time honoured tradition that has sadly gone the way of many due to a few handwringers. I'm sure the players were petrified at the thought of a few happy fans trying to give them a pat on the back for their efforts all season. :rolleyes:

Am gonnae stay in forever in case ah get hit wi' a bus noo :whistling:

Here's what will happen now, to save us going round and round in circles again. I'm going to wallow in the nostalgia of a time when the enjoyment of many came before the actions of a very few, you stick to the negatives of another victory for the heavy handed PC Brigade , I'll happily concede it's not about to happen again but I'm glad we used to have a few wee rebels who wouldn't just conform when the authorities snapped their fingers. Some of the seasons we used to have to endure, the fans deserved the opportunity to jump about like eejits on the pitch for putting up with the eejits who jumped about on it every week.

Sheesh, it's getting harder all the time to stick up for the rights of fans to act like fans when it's fans themselves that are putting fan culture down. ;)

There is nothing wrong with a pitch invasion if its good natured and fun but as has been pointed out there have been several incidents that, if not quite major ones, certainly had potential to get out of hand. I also think in the past there were people turning up only because they knew there was going to be a pitch invasion and who then took advantage of that situation to act like total fannies towards away fans and players.

So although I don't think its a problem if its simply a celebration I don't think you can blame the club or supporters who oppose it from trying to stop it. Why allow a potential situation to happen in the first place?

If people want to congratulate the players or get on the pitch there are other ways of doing that which are more controlled and where the clubs reputation isn't at the mercy of a few fannies.

I'm afraid the old days were the old days and things that were acceptable then aren't now. The club just can't afford to take the risk.

Just watching the german footy on ESPN.

Dortmund organised a controlled pitch invasion for their fans to allow them on to celebrate winning the title.

Players got their medals and trophy in main stand and celebrated in front of supporters.

If the germans think its ok.......

TBH it's one thing that annoys me and I think it's fairly similar.

To many fans go purely to provoke a reaction from the opposition support than to watch our team (which has played some nice stuff at times this season.

It's fairly clear at trips to the likes of Ibrox and is part of the reason I rarely go there.

Just watching the german footy on ESPN.

Dortmund organised a controlled pitch invasion for their fans to allow them on to celebrate winning the title.

Players got their medals and trophy in main stand and celebrated in front of supporters.

If the germans think its ok.......

The Germans think fiscal responsiblity and safe standing is OK too. We can't manage that either.

The Germans think fiscal responsiblity and safe standing is OK too. We can't manage that either.

Should we start a campaign to get Motherwell out of the SPL and apply to the Bundesliga, it would appear the rest of Scotland is holding us back! Lol!