Spfa Team Of The Year

brainier

Randolph; Matthews, Gunning, Mulgrew, Dixon; Forrest, Davis, Mackay-Steven; Russell, Daly, Hooper

Good on Darren Randolph but I thought some of our other players would have merited a mention as we surely are the 'team' of the year. Oh, and FIVE Dundee United players?! Somebody's having a laugh.

thoughts?

Voted for by the players, so no real complaints.

Ok - i'll complain on your behalf

Matthews?

And by the looks of it, Dundee Utd sabotaged the Vote - Gunning? Dixon? Russell? Mackay-Steven??- Aye ok, Big Daley puts a shift in most weeks, but the first 4 are hardly consistant performers. The same goes for Forrest.

Davis, Randolph, and to a point, Hooper, can say they've had a consistatly good season - but i think the voting has went a bit wayward somewhere.... Or have i had too many Tigers??? :popcorn:

Good on Darren Randolph but I thought some of our other players would have merited a mention as we surely are the 'team' of the year. Oh, and FIVE Dundee United players?! Somebody's having a laugh.

dundee united are hugely over rated. they have a mini old firm syndrome going on due to having a daily paper in the city and jim spence who combines his bbc role with being chief of propaganda at tannidice.

has anyone actually seen mackay steven have a good 90 minutes?

We finish 3rd and only our goalie makes team of the year?!?!

Hammell should be in there. I guess Lasley and Jennings kicked too many players for them to get voted in. Can't think of any other reason.

5 United players in there is ridiculous. But they are all decent players to be fair.

Has Gunning really been that good? Fair play to him if he has.

Haven't seen much of him, obviously, but when I have been reading the Utd. forums, the fans really rate him and seem to reackon he has been by far their best defender.

Yeah Gunning's been fantastic this season, and United fans rate him highly. Probably the player I'm most disappointed to have let slip. Said at the end of last season I couldn't believe we were letting go of someone who was at his standard whilst still being young enough to play in our youth team. Obviously there may have been mitigating circumstances though, and I'm by no means disappointed to have Clancy instead. I reckon United will make a fair bit of money from Gunning in years to come though.

Anybody seen Mark Reynold's tweet? It would appear he selected the full Motherwell side :lol:

Some boy that Mark Reynolds. :lol:

United fans have certainly been raving about Gunning all season.

I must admit I wasn't convinced by Gunning last season and when I have seen him this season (against us admittedly) I haven't been left gutted that he isn't in C and A.

On a fair bit of money at Utd as well.

I must admit I wasn't convinced by Gunning last season and when I have seen him this season (against us admittedly) I haven't been left gutted that he isn't in C and A.

I appreciate what you're saying re money, and for that reason i'd agree it wouldn't have been a smart move (or even possible), but when he arrived at Motherwell he was 19.... you're not going to be "convinced" by any centre-back at that age, but to be at the level he was at already...it would be an absolute no-brainer for me if it wasn't down to money.

Age or position the player plays at is only a small part of it. I wouldn't spend the money Utd do on him even if I had it. I do disagree with your point though as I was "convinced" by Hutch when I saw him play for the first team at 19.

I have to say I also met Gunning a couple of times and I wasn't too impressed by his attitude. I wasn't too impressed by his attitude on the park at times either.

it was a nice change to benefit from his terrible defending in january after him costing us so many goals last season.

the cause and the effect of the united hype in one article

Dundee United 'reject £1m offers'

By Jim Spence BBC Scotland Dundee United say they have rejected offers in excess of £1m for two of their players from English clubs.

But the Tannadice outfit will not reveal the identities of the transfer targets and insist they are not under any pressure to sell.

However, BBC Scotland has learned that enquiries have been made about striker Johnny Russell, winger Gary Mackay-Steven and defender Gavin Gunning.

The trio impressed as United finished fourth in the Scottish Premier League.

With one match remaining, Russell has scored 14 goals this season, while Mackay-Steven has found the net five times and Gunning has pitched in with three goals.

Mackay-Steven is under contract until the summer of 2015, while fellow 22-year-old Russell has 12 months less to run on his deal, along with Irishman Gunning, 21.

United will see departures over the summer, with goalkeeper Dusan Pernis, defenders Gary Kenneth and Paul Dixon and midfielder Scott Robertson all choosing to leave under freedom of contract.

Midfielder John Rankin has agreed to stay on for another year after a good first campaign at Tannadice.

of course they did jim...

This is purely based on Wikipedia stats so could be wrong but...

Johnny Russell has scored 14 goals in 42 games this season

Jamie Murphy has scored 13 goals in 39 games this season

I appreciate you would have to look at assists and other aspects to get the full picture but both have the same goal ratio yet there is this myth that Johnny Russell is the next big thing while Jamie Murphy is apparently s**t.

Absolute nonsense in my opinion... these days simply wearing a Dundee Utd strip seems to treble your value and be enough to earn you some Scotland caps!

This is purely based on Wikipedia stats so could be wrong but...

Johnny Russell has scored 14 goals in 42 games this season

Jamie Murphy has scored 13 goals in 39 games this season

I appreciate you would have to look at assists and other aspects to get the full picture but both have the same goal ratio yet there is this myth that Johnny Russell is the next big thing while Jamie Murphy is apparently s**t.

Absolute nonsense in my opinion... these days simply wearing a Dundee Utd strip seems to treble your value and be enough to earn you some Scotland caps!

Trebles value because they have a chairman that doesn't get soaking wet at the first sign of a bid, and Scotland Caps because of Leveins link.