2012/13 Pre Season Thread

Iain7_mfc

• 2 weeks later...

From http://www.motherwelltimes.co.uk/sport/local-sport/back-home-1-2377956

’Well return for pre-season training this week and will now start their SPL and Champions League preparations on neutral territory.

They travel to Grangemouth Stadium, home of Falkirk FC, on Monday, July 9, to take on Rapid Burcharest.

Kick-off is 7pm and tickets costing £10 for adults and £5 for children are payable at the gate.

Have I completely missed this or is it news to everyone else as well?

1340806841[/url]' post='347296']

one thing - the grangemouth stadium isn't Falkirks ground

falkirks grounds simply called "the Falkirk stadium"

Thats what leads me to believe this isn't true. The fact that we'd want to play away from our own pitch in preparation for a game at our stadium sounds ridiculous. And to pick an athletics stadium in Grangemouth just seems odd. I'd love for it to be true though! A somewhat attractive.

Did we not play Rapid Bucharest a few years back in a pre-season friendly in Austria (under McGhee I think)? Seem to also remember one of our players picked up a bad injury in that match after a heavy challenge but at the same time, I might be talking balls.

brian mclean got injured on the 2nd austria trip i think.

we played a romanian team doing their preseason in scotland in 2008. burn_broomfield and myself went up to dalziel park to watch the game on a saturday afternoon only to be informed the game was finished and was played at bellshill's park :wallbash:

1340812931[/url'>' post='347312']

Did we not play Rapid Bucharest a few years back in a pre-season friendly in Austria (under McGhee I think)? Seem to also remember one of our players picked up a bad injury in that match after a heavy challenge but at the same time, I might be talking balls.

Does steaua count?evilgrin.gif

1340813168' post='347314']

Cluj i think it was

They had a player sent off for breaking McClean if I recall correctly.

brian mclean got injured on the 2nd austria trip i think.

we played a romanian team doing their preseason in scotland in 2008. burn_broomfield and myself went up to dalziel park to watch the game on a saturday afternoon only to be informed the game was finished and was played at bellshill's park :wallbash:

Aye, that was Unirea Urziceni (Champions of Romania two years ago, and played Man Utd last season in CL Group Stages).

Steaua as we all know were in the Europa League.

Cluj and Dinamo Bucharest were trips whilst in Austria.

And pencilled in now along with Rapid Bucharest are Concordia Chiajna for this pre-season.