Bookies

ML1

Its probably been answered before but anyone know why we cant have a bet in the stadium like we once could ?

Ladrokes , Hills or whoever would be delighted to pay for the chance of a kiosk or two in each of the stands and access to the high rollers in hospitality and the start up costs would be minimal if any. High profit for low outlay ?

Were we caught at some fiddle or another before and so are blacklisted from having a gambling licence ?

Maybe something to do with the "Family Club" image Motherwell Football Club like to put out...

Loved nothing better when I was a wee yin than getting a coupon on with my dad. Thursday was always a chat with the grampa to help him pick his pools coupon and away games would be over the grampas with a placepot on watching the horses with the wireless on listening for the scores.

They should definitely look into getting those kiosks back up and running, assuming there's nothing complicating things.

Pretty off topic but surely if there was ever a time to reintroduce selling beer at games it's now, with no old firm games and the desperate need for cash..? I know it's pie in the sky but is there actually a law against it or is it just SPL rules?

i work for ladbrokes, we have most of the gambling licences for the stadia in britain,

Running the kiosks is often not that profitable at smaller stadiums like fir park and such. our regional boss is in control of which stadiums we operate, and he had a disagreement with the club over a hospitality bill that the company didnt attend. and he just decided to pull cooperation with the club.

recently we pulled out of tyncastle too with rangers celtic and hibs the only ones reguarily operated in scotland. most of the other bookies dont run the stadiums because they dont have old photograpic cameras for the carbon coupons.

scotbet took over at tynecastle and have had many problems and are looking to pull out of the stadium now

i work for ladbrokes, we have most of the gambling licences for the stadia in britain,

Running the kiosks is often not that profitable at smaller stadiums like fir park and such. our regional boss is in control of which stadiums we operate, and he had a disagreement with the club over a hospitality bill that the company didnt attend. and he just decided to pull cooperation with the club.

recently we pulled out of tyncastle too with rangers celtic and hibs the only ones reguarily operated in scotland. most of the other bookies dont run the stadiums because they dont have old photograpic cameras for the carbon coupons.

scotbet took over at tynecastle and have had many problems and are looking to pull out of the stadium now

Cheers mate , now we know , very surprised to hear that there wasnt a worthwhile profit in it