Motherwell In Europe

davkel

I realise the Europa League Play-off Round section is completely speculative as there is no way of predicting which teams will qualify for that round, but in general terms in looks like there is a decent chance of being drawn against a western European side - much more accessible than the likes of Kiev.

Think I might be tempted to give the away CLQ a miss and hold out for the Europa play-off round.

I know what you are saying mate. The seeding fix has not been kind to us at all, but I just feel at the ripe old age of 51 this is my 1 and only chance of a seeing the Well in the CL.

If down th line we draw a plumb tie in the EL, then I'll just have to pawn the family silver :evilgrin:

Mate's secretary has been doing some pre-booking homework. Seems it's gonna be a logistical nightmare trying to get to Kiev/Athens/Istanbul. Hubs: Heathrow/Gatwick/Schipol/Paris will be nightmares during Olympics and peak summer hols season, and if we're away from home on 1st leg, I doubt we'll get a return flight for less than £600. I reckon Club will charter for these 3.

Am kinda hoping for Copenhagen now, direct flights from Scotland, then I can spend £600 on drink :drinks:

Getting all nostalgic seeing the Perth Saints getting excited for their tie. I was too wee to remember Dortmund, but driving with sister to Nancy was such a experience. Totally bizarre, that at the time, I thought that'd probably be my one and only chance to see Motherwell play in Europe. Graeme Smith's penalty save ranks as one of the most remarkable moments in following Motherwell.

Since then, I've commandeered a bar in Dundee student Union to watch the Llanelli game, seen us put an absolute hatful past a team, seen us score a wondergoal against former winners, seen us win away in Iceland, seen a centre-half score a breakaway goal in the 80somethingth minute, destroyed half my living room celebrating Hateley's freekick and seen us come within a bawhair of actually making the group stages.

Spoiled.