Ojamaa And Murphy

Mic2904

Guys, i am not sure if you have realised since Henrik joined it is pretty apparent that Jamie and Henrik do not get on at all. I am at a point to say that playing them together is hindering the team. Last night was another game, where you could see that all they do is moan at eaxh other and do not pass the ball to each other like children...

Problem i have is that Jamie is due to make his next step in his progression. No question he a great talent, but for the last year or 2 i was waiting for the next boost... It keeps missing and i am starting to think that Jamie is a decent player bu nothing more.

Henrik put his stamp on the team and actually i think his footballing brain is far ahead of players like Murphy. You can see the runs he is making although yesterday was not his greatest game. He seems far more advanced in "thinking football" and you can see in my honest opinion that he clearly links up better with Law and Lasley. Esp Law and Henrik seem to play much better together, but i think they are good pals outside as well.

Wonder what you think and how we can solve this situation. Does one have to go?

• Like 1

I can't say that I have noticed that they don't get on. Not convinced this is the case either. The biggest moaner in the team is Higdon. Constantly on his team mates backs. In that respect he must be heavily disliked which I don't believe so either.

Murphy was raging last night. Quite rightly as well. Even if they did despise each other such a thing isn't uncommon. You are not going to get 18-22 guys in a dressing room and there not be issues.

We were told Ojamaa was a bit selfish. We have seen it for our own eyes since he joined. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Thats fitba.

• Like 1

If Ojamaa was better at "thinking football" he'd pass the ball to team mates in better positions instead of being a greedy wee shite.

Also are you suggesting Ojamaa only plays well with players he is close to in his personal life? If so that's the height of unprofessionalism.

When he's on form he's a good player but I think he's got a lot to learn if he wants to go further in the game.

When he's on form he's a good player but I think he's got a lot to learn if he wants to go further in the game.

What he says.....

Ojamma is a rough diamond. He will do things this season that will have us on the edge of our seats. Equally he will do things that have us on the edge of despair....

He should be more aware of those around him and he needs to learn that. He is afterall still very young.

There is room for both in the team...if we can keep a hold of Murphy..

• Like 1

They are both very diffrent players with diffrent qualitys, I dont really think its fair to say they dont get on based on some on field bickering which happens in every game of football at every level. I'm pretty sure they get on just fine. Playing Ojamaa up with Higdon allows us to have Murphy cutting in from the left where hes most dangerous, in my opinion they are 3 players which compliment each other very well and if we play the team we played last night, a 2nd place finish is a very realistic target.

Might be greedy but by god there was one point in first half where he had to run back 50 yards to keep a ball in play when 5 Motherwell players shrugged their shoulders and were happy to give a throw in away in a dangerous area.

The amount of excellent runs he does behind the defence which in the end sees not even an attempt by our midfield try the pass Iwould be rather annoyed too.

I think though over the season Murph and Ojamaa will have a very good season

• Like 3

The amount of excellent runs he does behind the defence which in the end sees not even an attempt by our midfield try the pass Iwould be rather annoyed too.

I've also noticed that when he makes those runs Hammell seems very reluctant to pass to him....

He's a young lad who just turned 21, and has more than a few issues with his game. However, there are elements of his play that are simply miles ahead of anyone else in our squad (including Murphy), and he will get frustrated when he sees a pass in the making that his team-mates simply don't spot.

As I said before though, without those wee holes in his game he'd be nowhere near Fir Park, so I'm more than happy to have him as is.

Yeah. Same with everyother player. Just need see how if we are switching play, be it for Murphy or Humphrey, or Hammell or Hateley there is, 9/10 a middle man rather than a direct switch.

Our team will have limits, every single player, that is we have them the now and not one of the top clubs (and no Celtic are not a top club either)

Ojamma is a rough diamond but a diamond none the less. He's young and fiesty but with proper looking after and coaching im sure he'll be a cracking player for us. Murphy had a cracking game for us last night and i believe he'll get a move soon and earn us a few bob also. Hopefully McHugh can step in this season he looks ok with what i've seen of him so far. :drinks:

Ojamaa reminds me very much of Skippy when he first at Fir Park. A bit of a rough diamond but you can see a good player there. He was also selfish and often ignored his teamates at times and often went for the glory himself. He was however a far better player when he left Fir Park than the one that joined.

He's a young lad Henrik but he's got so much potential. He has as mentioned above fantastic movement and you can see him become frustrated when he makes good runs and is not picked out. He can beat a man, he's quick, he's strong and can score goals from nothing. Above that he's also aggresive, good workrate and seems to have a real hunger to succeed. He can be selfish, he can make the wrong choice and try a be the hero too often but folk weren't complaining when it came off..

When he first game in he was lauded for taking games by the scruff of the neck. At a time when we were going backwards and were desperate for someone to take charge and change things he came in and did it. Most people agree that him turning the match at Tannadice in our favour and rescuing a point was a turning point in our season and from then an Ojamaa inspired period saw wins against Dunfermline(home & away), Hibs, Hearts & St.Johnstone. That went along way to securing third spot. He then hit a wall as most young players too and tailed off slightly but sill managed another three goals before the end of the season and a number of decent performances.

He's only just turned 21 and has only played 50 odd games in his profesional career. I would ask the fans to stick with him as for me he has the potential to be a cracking young player when irons out a few flaws in his game. He's young he'll only learn and improve with experience. Success can be a double edged sword. People begin to expect too much and to me he seems to be trying too hard as if he needs to live up to expectations and be the hero again. Whether he just wants to be or thinks he needs to be I'm not too sure. However he needs to learn to improve his decision making, where to go alone and when to pass but as I say that'll come with experience.

I think Ojamaa has the potential to be a cracking player and I look forward to him continuing his development at Fir Park.

• Like 1

I'd like to see us play Murphy, McHugh and Ojamaa against them next time, nothing against Higddon just interested to see how well the three of them would link up together might be quite good for a counter attacking style of play and something they won't be expect as they have said after the game we played very predictably and exactly how they thought we would and that they will win and go through next week, think it was boumsong

• Like 1

tin hat at the ready......all the man-love that Murphy gets on here is un-fathomable to me.

he is a decent player when he's in form....unfortunately, for the last 18 months he has been nowhere near his best.

Last night neither him nor Ojamaa were playing to their capacity, and both had the opportunity to play the other in to a scoring opportunity and chose not to.

Personally speaking, I think we missed the boat on cashing in on Murphy, as I think in the current market he is worth 2 Chomps and a Curly Wurly at best.....had great potential a few years ago, but has gone backwards ever since.

Likewise, there seems to be a lot of negativity surrounding Ojamaa , some of it deserved, most of it not.

I reckon if we get anything offered for Murphy, we should bite their hand off , as much for his sake, as the clubs........he appears to be doing nothing more than stagnating where he is.

:ph34r:

"anything"? Seriously? :blink:

yeah...."seriously"

in his final year of his contract now ...is he not ?

so we have to cash in if he has any value in the market at all.

so if Brighton offered 50,000 for him, I'd volunteer to drive him there myself !

nothing against the lad, like I said, he showed bags of potential a few seasons back......but HAS gone backwards ever since.

I personally thought that the move to Blackpool last season was at just the right time for him.....I know my opinion wont be a popular one, but I wouldn't have had him near the team last year.

I'll wish him every success and the very best of luck when he does finally go, and thank him for his contribution in a Well shirt.......but I sure as hell wouldn't lose any sleep over losing Jamie Murphy.

Like I said initially.....I just dont understand the man-love he gets.

we would still have to pay for a replacement for murphy so i'd say we're better off hanging onto him and losing for nought next summer. if we wanted a fee we should have played him up front all last season so he ended up 15-20 goals and a bit of hype.

i thought he played very well last night. he made quite a few opportunites and used the ball well. the pana coach switched sissoko over to his side in the first half to try and stop him getting forward as much.

tin hat at the ready......all the man-love that Murphy gets on here is un-fathomable to me.

he is a decent player when he's in form....unfortunately, for the last 18 months he has been nowhere near his best.

Last night neither him nor Ojamaa were playing to their capacity, and both had the opportunity to play the other in to a scoring opportunity and chose not to.

Personally speaking, I think we missed the boat on cashing in on Murphy, as I think in the current market he is worth 2 Chomps and a Curly Wurly at best.....had great potential a few years ago, but has gone backwards ever since.

Likewise, there seems to be a lot of negativity surrounding Ojamaa , some of it deserved, most of it not.

I reckon if we get anything offered for Murphy, we should bite their hand off , as much for his sake, as the clubs........he appears to be doing nothing more than stagnating where he is.

:ph34r:

No tin hat required for me, I agree with most of what you say. Don't know anything about any animosity between them at all and will leave that for others to comment on.

I was a huge supporter of Jamie but I feel Jamie has been off the boil for a season at least. Most teams in the SPL read his game well. Its not hard, run down the wing cut in across the 18 yard box on his right foot and try to get a shot in, mainly to the front post. Thats 80% of his game. Terrible for dropping out of large parts of games and has been doing so for as long as I can remember. Maybe he needs to move on to get the spark back but appears to be running in neutral most games.

Ojamaa game is anyones guess. Reminds me of Ted McMinn in that no one, probably even himself knows what he will do next and that's exactly what I like about him. Will run into the ground for the team. Gets pushed off the ball a bit by bigger players but is game for 90 minutes and you can see when he is frustrated. He wants the ball all the time, can be greedy and sometimes picks the wrong option when someone else could be in a better position but that will all come with experience and game time.