Playing In Europe Vs Winning A Cup

MJC_MKI

qualifying for the champions league would be amazing for the benefits the money would bring the club.

on a personal level i'd still want the cup though. the atmosphere in daniels and the leccy after winning the st j semi was out of this world. i can't actually imagine what it would be like if we won the cup.

qualifying for the champions league would be amazing for the benefits the money would bring the club.

on a personal level i'd still want the cup though. the atmosphere in daniels and the leccy after winning the st j semi was out of this world. i can't actually imagine what it would be like if we won the cup.

Agree the cup would probably be a bit better as a fan though I'd have taken the champions league win because it was a one off oppurtunity. We'll get a shot at the cup every season.

You cannot really compare the two, a cup final is a one off, a trip to the shitiest stadium in Scotland and that non-final last year was an embarrasment.

Not really what the thread's about but harsh on Hampden. It's not perfect but its hardly the shitiest stadium in Scotland

It's been said before that its the folk that fill it that make or break the atmosphere in there. I've been to plenty Scotland games in there where the hairs are standing on the back of your neck even with the same sightlines and seats as we had at the Final last year.

I saw us winning the cup in 1991, the greatest day in my life, so far.

I saw us winning the first division in the 80's, again, brilliant.

However, having been to Nancy, Odense and Athens, I think qualifying for Europe is fantastic.

You cannot really compare the two, a cup final is a one off, a trip to the shitiest stadium in Scotland and that non-final last year was an embarrasment.

I would certainly love to have a repeat of 1991 but would take a European adventure evry year.

So, it's Europe for me.

I think the same we have a shot at league and cup glory every season, but European matches are special. While winning a cup is great and i would love to see it every year the club will get more benefit from European participation and progress. Playing in the CL and EL will get Motherwell more financial reward than winning the Scottish or League cup.

I want to see Motherwell win everything but as the European nights are few and far between thats where i want to see us progress, because if we become regular participants in Europe and i mean not just the qualifiers but the groups then the club gets more money. This money can then be used to stabilise the club and strenghthen the team, which will mean we have a better chance in the domestic campaigns each year.