Saunders

MelvinBragg

Wish him well but think his career at this level may be over, he's had so many serious injuries at such an important time in his career, he'll really struggle to break back through into the team at the level we need on his return, assuming he doesn't get injured again.

Wish him well but think his career at this level may be over, he's had so many serious injuries at such an important time in his career, he'll really struggle to break back through into the team at the level we need on his return, assuming he doesn't get injured again.

That is the fear given he looked the best young defender at the club prior to his injuries. He may not have Hutchinson's physique but he doesn't have his rashness either...

Nonsense. He's hardly been the injury prone cripple you're painting him as. Last season was the boys first real serious injury. The previous two seasons he made 32 & 36 appearances respectively. Last season was a bit of a shitter for the boy especially to miss nearly a whole year but he came back at the end of last season. He's then had this second injury on his knee which will keep him out till Christmas. Unfortunate yes but it's hardly time to put the boy down.

Shaun Hutchinson also went nearly 13 months without first team football did he not? Doesn't seem to have affected him too badly.

That is the fear given he looked the best young defender at the club prior to his injuries. He may not have Hutchinson's physique but he doesn't have his rashness either...

I like the guy, but I think that may be a tad revisionist. He was sent off at least once for a mad challenge. As well as this, a number of times he was caught out thundering up the pitch rather than concentrating on his defensive tasks, at harmful times.

One of the main reasons I didn't want him in at CB rather than RB at the time was exactly that. I felt that back then, he was very prone to brainfarts/rushes of blood leading to him either fouling or winding up miles out of position.

All the best to the guy and hopefully a full and speedy recovery.

Shaun Hutchinson also went nearly 13 months without first team football did he not? Doesn't seem to have affected him too badly.

Yep. And the same was said about Hutchison at the time. You never know how they'll come back, but he's certainly not a write off with a 3 monther, even after a shite season for injury.

Provided he comes back fully fit I don't see why he won't be around for a while. With Hutch potentially away somepoint this season, Hately out of contract if he can get back in training regularly he'll get a chance.

Far to early to say how he'll come through this setback. He was raw as others said but had enough solid games in among the few iffy ones to suggest a solid SPL future if nothing else. If he spends the next season or so warming bench then sure he might need to take a step back to go forward but imagine he would.

I thought he was really maturing the season before his bad injury.

I've said it before but he reminded a lot of Paul Quinn, a young player that came in at an early age, made mistakes, was a bit rash but grew and matured into a very good pro.

Potentially a very good player for us and hopefully we see him back soon.