Dundee Vs Motherwell..

Well 4 Europe

1347787387[/url]' post='360718']

Watching the BBC Alba recording just now - brilliant singing and drumming from the Well fans.

BTW - is there any particular reason why "we hate Dundee" as well as "the Hearts"? Is it just because it rhymes?

That wee tune has been going about for years....I imagine it's to do with the rhyming.. Other teams use this Song and replace hearts but keep Dundee..

Great result without playing particularly well. I thought even without his goals Higdon was superb. He created at least two chances with his lay off and his turn and shot that hit the post were great. He benefitted because we played the ball into his feet much more. Thank God fro Randolph. His save from the mishit shot in the first half kept us in the game. I thought Nish gave young Cummins a tough time and for the first time since he came into the team he was bettered by his opponent.

Surely we can put to bed the idea of Hateley in midfield. The irony was that when he went to right back he completely snuffed out their left side with some great tackling and passing and forward runs.

If we manage to sign anyone then it should be a defensive midfielder.

Ojamma turned this game yesterday. Direct and pacy and they couldn't cope.

It was obvious he was desperate to get on during his warm up.

THIS

He has come in for some stick recently - as is par for the course being a Motherwell player at times.

I was at the game, but even more so when watching back on BBC Alba, he did everything that Murphy did not. Running the channels, running at players, basically trying to create chances at all times. Also some decent tracking back and tackling to boot.

I have nothing against Jamie, but he is either hot or cold, and all too often he is lukewarm at the moment. He struggles against teams that defend in depth, more so than OJamma.

If only Henrik could produce that for 90 mins and not 20....

Great 3 points that I did not see coming at 70 odd minutes.

HIGGY :notworthy:

The man is on fire and has really proved what he is capable of and the (many) doubters in the Well support. Hopefully they are all onside by now FFS.

At this minute in time, Jamie Murphy doesn't seem to believe in his undoubted ability.

I can't remember how many times yesterday he was one on one in the channel and checked back with a sideways or back pass.

I think it's time to play him in a more structured position, rather than this free role to go deeper to try and create and support Higgy - it seems to be hindering him and leads to a lack of confidence, as well as weakening the teams attacking options.

Anyway, S.M. has a headache for the upcoming games -

Hateley or Kerr at right back?

Hateley or Ramsden in central midfield?

Murphy or Ojamma supporting Higdon?

Whatever! M.F.C. top of the league - happy days.

The man is on fire and has really proved what he is capable of and the (many) doubters in the Well support. Hopefully they are all onside by now FFS.

Unlikely. Got back from Dundee in time to catch the last 20 mins on BBC Alba in the Leccy and there was a 'Well fan (who hadn't been at the game) standing at the bar slating Higdon. Eventually I just had to give up and move away as it was pretty clear Higdon could score 100 goals before Christmas and still be regarded as shite by this guy.

did anyone else listen to radio scotland on the way down the road?

despite being unbeaten, having the top scorer and being top of the league we barely got a mention. if dundee united, hearts, hibs or aberdeen were top of the league it would be the number one topic discussed. i think the lack of media attention goes along way to explaining why we constantly get mugged in transfer dealings. extremely average players like lee wallace, fyvie and gary mackay steven get hyped up far beyond their actual ability. if big hutchy was playing for one of those clubs they would never shut about him.

hopefully we gub aberdeen, rangers and celtic and we might start getting a bit of credit.

(also there was a guy on traynor's phone in who was convinced football matches are rigged so the team shooting left to right in front of the tv cameras in the second half always win :blink:)

did anyone else listen to radio scotland on the way down the road?

despite being unbeaten, having the top scorer and being top of the league we barely got a mention. if dundee united, hearts, hibs or aberdeen were top of the league it would be the number one topic discussed. i think the lack of media attention goes along way to explaining why we constantly get mugged in transfer dealings. extremely average players like lee wallace, fyvie and gary mackay steven get hyped up far beyond their actual ability. if big hutchy was playing for one of those clubs they would never shut about him.

hopefully we gub aberdeen, rangers and celtic and we might start getting a bit of credit.

I didn't hear Radio Scotland yesterday but I do think Aberdeen and the Tayside clubs certainly do well largely down to the make up of the presenters on there.

There appears a disproportionate amount of Aberdeen fans that seem to be involved with Sportsound and Scotland's associated sports bulletins and it goes without saying that Jim Spence is a very beneficial ally to Dundee and Dundee Utd.

We're not without our presence in the media ofcourse but we just don't have the same volume or the frequency of airtime that those sides are afforded.