Scottish Cup Draw

Iain7_mfc

1352121228[/url]' post='365960']

:laugh:

The fella at our coach hirer... "I've 2 buses stuck in the snow at Newmains and you want me to take you to Inverurie?"

"Hell Yeah" the reply.

They got us there with no problems and we had it right off. Don't think I've been as brahms and liszt at a football match as I was that night.

Fucking smashing day out.

Sky Sports News' ticker has been showing Hearts v Hibs or whichever one of them is at home, as being shown by them on the Sunday. Haven't seen any mention of Rangers v Elgin though.

I find it something of a double edged sword when it comes to the TV companies showing games like Rangers v Elgin or Peterhead or Stranraer against Celtic as they've done in the past.

It used to piss me off no end when that they used any opportunity to show one of the Old Firm when they would either cake walk it, or do the very minimum required to get through with a shadow strength side generally making it shite viewing. That more often than not there would be other more attractive ties that could genuinely portray Scottish football in a better light only made it more annoying.

Obviously though from their perspective having paid to cover the Cup they are looking to maximise viewing figures and so as ever they look to the Old Firm.

The flip side to that though is that the aforementioned more attractive ties don't lose out as much on the gate - you wonder how many might give Aberdeen a miss say if it were to be covered - and the £70k plus whatever gate receipts can go a very long way for an Elgin, East Stirling or the likes. If I think about it in that respect I can just about stomach Rangers v Elgin being shown live.

If anyone wants to go from the larkhall area on the bus from Alan's bar can you check Alan's Facebook page- Motherwell barmy army etc, or post back on the " larkhall Motherwell supporters bus" page, to keep it together and get and a better idea of numbers? Ill get a sheet made up to stick in the pub, speak to graham then take it from there? Another mental boys day out if its 3 on the Saturday:))