Motherwell V Hearts

santheman

So the 5-1 win had nothing to do with atmosphere ? I just think we are better at counter attacking and that usually happens away from home .Hence 4 away wins and 1 at home.

In response to that I'd say it's different when it's your home ground. I think it must effect confidence when players come out to their home ground and there is only a smattering of fans around the stands.

Our recent away wins have been at grounds that struggle to attract a home crowd, in that case its been to our advantage.

Of course, there is no one reason for anything, your opinion on the counter attack is also valid, partly down to the kind of players we have,partly down the the kind of manager we have.

But I do think low attendances don't help on a whole number of levels.

Attendances have been quite low, but for the last few games at Fir Park, there's been an almost palpable atmosphere of apathy as well. It's really been a bit weird.

Atmosphere has been apathetic for years at most games. I think there is still a general downward trend. Outside small pocket at end of East stand rarely hear a murmour.

Our results at home this season have been piss poor, only 1 win (probably the worst record in the league?) and I bloody missed it!! I therefore haven't seen Motherwell win at Fir park since the last time we won at home which was the 5-1 game v St Johnstone back in April!!!

I reckon I might miss this one aswell due to the petrol pence that it will incur. The fact that it's a 12:30 ko and is on Sky might just swing it.

As long as we win though. Would probably settle for a point.

Same as yourself and Tweed, I've not been at a Motherwell win since the St Johnstone game in April. Missed the ICT win due to a stag weekend.

Seriously thought that run was going to come to an end v Dundee seeing as how rotten they'd been. Bit of a downer that I'm now at 210 days or something like that since I saw a win. Would love that run to end tomorrow, but I reckon it'll be a draw.

@MotherwellFC:

Motherwell: Randolph, Hammell, Law, Hutchinson, Hateley, Humphrey, Ojamaa, Higdon, Murphy, Lasley, Cummins

Subs: Hollis, McHugh, Daley, Carswell, Kerr, Francis-Angol, Hetherington

Hearts: MacDonald, Grainger, R.McGowan, Barr, Webster, Stevenson, Walker, Holt, D.McGowan, Zaliukas, Paterson

Hearts Subs: Enkelman, Robinson, Sutton, Taouil, Driver, Novikovas, Smith

Very frustrating game. Hearts make it very difficult to break them down. Never felt we really got a hold of the midfield with Las and Law struggling to make any impact. Thought 2nd half was better and Murphy and Humphrey both looked more dangerous. Poorest Ive seen Higgy and Henrik for some time, although for the most part they were feeding off scraps. I suppose Hearts defensive record speaks for itself so overall not a bad point.

Instead of kicking on from last weeks result our home form got even worse!

The first half was probably the worst Motherwell performance I've seen since the Malpas days. Players literally couldn't pass the ball to one another. I'd like to see what the pass completion stats were because I suspect that there would be players out there down at 30 or 40%!

We didn't even manage a single shot on goal unless I'm forgetting some tame effort. The one single threat we had was a Higdon header that, to be fair, the keeper did well to save.

The second half was much the same apart from a little bit more urgency for the last 15 minutes when we created a couple of chances. Why McCall waited until the 88th minute to make a substitution and then when he did, replace a left back with a left back is anyones guess.

Not even close to good enough. McCall, it's your job to come up with a team and tactical set up that can win home matches as well as away matches and if things aren't working out then figure out on the touch line where its going wrong and then CHANGE IT.

Honestly that today was just tripe. Can you image what the attendance is going to be against Ross County? Sub 4,000 probably. Actually going Christmas shopping would probably be more entertaining than going to Fir Park these days.