Jump to content

santheman

SO Well Society Members
  • Posts

    1,608
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    15

santheman last won the day on October 2

santheman had the most liked content!

About santheman

  • Birthday 11/18/1956

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Larkhall

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

santheman's Achievements

Attracting Interest from Abroad

Attracting Interest from Abroad (7/10)

583

Reputation

  1. My take on it is the club like to portray us as this wee cuddly,family friendly inclusive community and anything that affects that is quietly dealt with in house. In other words we don't like washing our dirty linen in public which is probably a good thing in terms of projecting a positive public image. However when things start to cost us money and threaten our reputation as that nice wee fan owned club then I think we need to adopt a tougher approach. I really hope common sense prevails and the planned meetings resolve the issues but if that doesn't work the club really has to get tough and spell out the consequences whatever they might be with an iron fist in a velvet glove if need be.
  2. Copied and pasted. OK, I'll aim to address some of the above points which have been raised. Of course, I’m in a position where I’d have a way in to speak to some of those in Block E, despite not being a member of that group, as I sit in that section and have known many of the long-standing members for several years now, but cards on the table, the “Well Bois” first started going to the games together around 15 years ago when some of Block E were still at Primary School. While we’re here it’s probably not of interest to anyone outside that section but as @thisGRAEME highlighted Bois and Block E are two separate groups. We’ve also got a member of Block E who was recently elected to the Society back earlier this year and is doing some excellent work with our events workstream, bringing fresh ideas to the table and hopefully enabling us to appeal to a younger audience with the rest of the board getting on a bit. That’s not me trying to avoid scrutiny, that’s me just setting out the situation. In a personal capacity or even with a Society hat on, it’s not easy for any individual to get a large group of 18/19 year olds who want to push the boundaries to listen to them, especially not one who is almost double their age. I'm sure you can imagine how that goes down from time to time. That said, to answer @ScottW1886's question around were conversations had and they ploughed on regardless, the answer to that is no. Many conversations have been had since then though and hopefully we can make some progress. I’d like to think those who are vocally pro-pyro, and especially those who want to argue for safe or legal usage (something I've done in the past), can see when there have been incidents that have resulted injury or cost the club money then discussions needs to be had I can’t comment for the Club but speaking personally I’m very much against collective punishment, others will have different views, but I think we need to avoid a large fall-out situation. We can’t change what’s happened in the past, but we can change how we work going forward. FYI, I've helped facilitate a meeting that has been scheduled for next week where the representatives from the Club Board and the Society will meet with the guys from that section. Again, I can’t comment for the Club so I can’t say what actions will come from that for now, but to their credit the Board and notably the Chairman have said they want as many from Block E as possible, especially younger guys who they may not have engaged with previously, to be present so they can get their points across and find solutions.
  3. Good post from Derek Watson over on P&B about the situation for anyone interested.
  4. Apologies for misinterpreting your post. Aye you would think so given the amount of cameras in the ground.
  5. It was but speaking to a UEFA delegate I know he says the rules are quite clear that ANY type of pitch incursion incurs an initial €5k fine. Some of the rules he told me about are very petty, eg fined if an advertising hoarding isn't a certain distance from the pitch, fined if a sponsors logo on the strip isn't pre approved by UEFA among others. A money making exercise if ever there was one.
  6. If that's a penalty for deliberate hand ball then football is well and truly f****d
  7. Cmon proper English please "Cheque" 😉😁
  8. Ceetainly 2.5m is a more reaistic figure if you base it on inflation rates since 2011. Im led to believe that the WS currently raise approx 200k per year?? so in theory it would take 5 years to reach the updated figure of 2.5m so in 5 years would it then need to be 3.5/4m to keep pace with inflation?. The 1.5m reserve will therefore always be a moving figure. Im supportive of the plan in principle as its a nice straightforward way of building up the reserve whilst releasing monies for 1 off projects which might not otherwise get funded through general expenditure. The most obvious example of this for me personally would to see lifts in the Cooper and McLean stands and some form of elevated viewing position for our disabled fans which the DSA have been lobbying for the last 10 years.
  9. Being no fan of having to watch us play the same teams 4 times a season my initial reaction is yes in theory a bigger league would hopefully lead to more variety and opportunities to visit grounds I haven't been to in years. However the reality is I would have to accept that with the money being more widely distributed the quality of player we would be able to afford to sign would surely diminish and we would become just another Ayr Utd Raith Rovers etc etc and create an even bigger gap to the OF. Question is whether that's a price worth paying for the good of Scottish football as a whole. I rather like where we are just now and I'm not sure I would support any major changes that would lessen our position as I'm a selfish b*****d.
  10. 11 games in 6 weeks. New players finding their feet. Hardly any recovery time between games. Little chance to rotate the team with the exception of 1st half against Stenny. Not as much time on the training field to iron out issues as we would have liked. Key players injured or just coming back from Injury A grueling schedule for any team carrying a larger squad than us. Maybe we were just a bit leg weary and mentally tired on Saturday and nothing more than that.
  11. Even more embarrassing for the Dundee Utd team clapping the 12 or so fans that were still left in the stand hurling abuse at them😁
  12. No but we'll probably get a bill for it I would imagine which we can obviously refuse to pay as there's no proof who done it unless it was captured on CCTV even then the club can't be held responsible Point is it doesn't do our reputation any good.
  13. https://www.facebook.com/share/p/19MTqqxMEV/ Wait till we get the bill in for this
  14. I think the club have been more than patient with them (whoever they are and whatever group they congregate with before any apologist jumps in). I know the club like to promote this cuddly wee community club line where everyone is welcome and we're all Jock Tamsons bairns but they need to recognise that we have an element in our support that would appear to thumb their noses at that and they need dealt with pronto otherwise our reputation will slowly go down the drain. My particular gripe is the mess they leave with their penchant for plastering every available surface in away grounds with stickers and graffiti for which we've had to fork out a pretty penny to other clubs to remove. Grow up boys and support your team the proper way and don't spoil it for the majority. Your actions tonight is 2 fingers up to the club and your fellow fans.
  15. You better believe it. F****ing morons every last one of them who let them off.
×
×
  • Create New...