Motherwell V Kilmarnock

madscot

Can we win two home games on the bounce ? Thoughts of formations and teams ? It is also the 5 th anniversary of Uncle Phils Death . Could we have a minute applause in the 10th minute ? Thoughts ?

It would be great and very fitting if we could have the entire support standing and applauding in the 10th minute. This would be my preferred choice.

As for the game, I'd stick with the side that beat Aberdeen with the exception of Cummins in for Ramsden from the start.

Think it'll be a draw, 1-1 with Murphy on the scoresheet again.

The 10th minute thing is a good idea in theory, but if something happens during it? A Killie goal, a red card, a bad tackle?

Should anything even happen at all? For everyone who was there that day, it's something that will always be in their minds. Does it have to be marked every year?

I'm 50/50 at the moment with regards to a tribute at the game. I can see the argument both for and against it.

The 10th minute thing is a good idea in theory, but if something happens during it? A Killie goal, a red card, a bad tackle?

Should anything even happen at all? For everyone who was there that day, it's something that will always be in their minds. Does it have to be marked every year?

I'm 50/50 at the moment with regards to a tribute at the game. I can see the argument both for and against it.

Aye i was there that day and it is something i will never forget . Does it have to be marked every year ? Dont know Desp , but the Killie game does fall 5 years to the day .

Edit , not relevant but Murphy was the only current player involved that game. on the bench .

Aye i was there that day and it is something i will never forget . Does it have to be marked every year ? Dont know Desp , but the Killie game does fall 5 years to the day .

Edit , not relevant but Murphy was the only current player involved that game. on the bench .

I can see both sides too but it is the first home game on Saturday 29 December (probably the first Saturday to be honest) and it is 5 years to the day so I think it is appropriate to mark it.

A standing applause in the 10th minute by the whole ground would be appropriate. Is the flag still kicking about?

Lasley was also on the bench that day, introduced on 77 minutes

one of the finest performances by a Motherwell side, I'm ever likely to see

I'll remember the event, and reckon most 'Wellfans around that day will too

applause on ten minutes or a quiet thought I'm not fussed

Lasley was also on the bench that day, introduced on 77 minutes

one of the finest performances by a Motherwell side, I'm ever likely to see

I'll remember the event, and reckon most 'Wellfans around that day will too

applause on ten minutes or a quiet thought I'm not fussed

You are quite right about Lasley .Sorry about that .

The team that day was ...... Motherwell: Graeme Smith, Quinn, Craigan, Reynolds, Paterson, McGarry (Lasley 77), Hughes, O'Donnell (Fitzpatrick 78), Clarkson (Darren Smith 85), Porter, McCormack. Subs Not Used: Meldrum, Corrigan, Brian McLean, Murphy.

I thionk what ever happens, some folk will start to show their appriciation in the 10th minute and hopefully everyone will join in.

I remember the exact moment as for some funny reason I was looking at Quinn and Phil was more or less right next to him.... and then the rumor started going about on FPCorner, which turned out to be true.

Would love to see a home win, for the team, for the league and to have some celebration on a special day.

I can not remember three of the goals, simple due to their significance to the result - Ross mccormacks back post half volleyin the first half ( dodgy dance celebration), clarksons chip and his disallowed hat trick goal seconds before phil!

Will never forget the game, the silence was so scary. The fact that you could hear a pin drop at fir park when the score is 5-2 to 'Well was enough to make me feel sick.

I think the players will be hopeful of making phils memory live on with a win. I think the board, the players (murphy, lasley and hammell) will all be involved in getting the team up for the game!

Desperate for a high scoring game! And I think 4-3 would be a fitting tribute to Phil! Lasley and hammell both scoring! Might bung a tenner on it haha!!

Still buzzing from the Aberdeen game, so can't really be bothered with this game. Would rather just bask in the glory of Wednesdays game for a bit longer. I was like that after the recent Hibs game also and Love Street brought us back down to earth.

Every chance it's going to be at least 1 players last game tomorrow coupled with O'Donnells anniversary so could be an odd mood around Fir Park.

Also the last game for near 3 weeks for those not going to Parkhead, which will be the vast majority.

Every reason to attend:

- 5 years ago to the day :cry:

- McCall says only 1 player will go. I wish.....it ALL depends on what offers come in. For sure it will be the last home game for one possibly more players who we will miss big time.

- The performance from Boxing day

Every reason for there to be 5000+ home supporters, Reality = 4000 if we are lucky......

GET DOWN TO FIR PARK.

Hopefully an away win. We have a decent record at FP.

Five teams in the SPL have better away records than home this season - Celtic, Inverness, Motherwell, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd.

You'll notice Kilmarnock aren't one of those teams but playing at home doesn't seem to be a major advantage these days.

Five teams in the SPL have better away records than home this season - Celtic, Inverness, Motherwell, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd.

You'll notice Kilmarnock aren't one of those teams but playing at home doesn't seem to be a major advantage these days.

I know that. However we've been unlucky in a few away games like Easter Road when we've been better side. Also drew 3-3 at tannadice when we threw away a two goal lead twice.

Won at Parkhead, Tynecastle and Pittodrie yet failed to beat Dundee and St Johnstone at home.