Motherwell V Kilmarnock

madscot

Few random thoughts on the way home..

Higdon had a great game and played the target man excellently, bringing players into play.

Law is a fantastic footballer and makes everything good about us tick.

MoM had to be Humphrey though who had mckeown and Dayton for breakfast lunch and dinner. I know its predictable and against a better team it doesn't work but Humphrey put in a fantastic shift and no wonder he was fucked at the end.

What is worrying however is our lack of defence and especially with Hutchinson going off. Felt bad for Cummins being subbed off as the sub and if we hadn't equalised I think the knives would have been back out for McCall. As an attacking force we can be very good, but there is very little defensive cover and experience, and on the pitch lasley and law have to effectively act as a 2 man midfield, exposing the defence and pretty much accounting for most goals we lose

• Like 1

Strange game. Although we didn't play any where near as good as we were against Aberdeen I thought we were creating more chances and pressing forward more than Kilmarnock but we weren't clinical enough and Kilmarnock took their chance with a peach.

Second half Kilmarnock matched if not slightly bettered us and Randolph had to make a couple of useful saves. Then at 2-0 it looked like it was all over and Kilmarnock would be taking the 3 points.

However when Murphy scored, Kilmarnock seemed to fall apart. Ojamaa got an excellent goal soon after and I felt, probably like most Motherwell supporters, we were going to get a winner. We certainly had their backs against the walls and perhaps should have got a third.

Overall though, a draw wasn't a bad result all things considered and the last 15 minutes or so were certainly exciting.

• Like 1

Yet again a great comeback from the team. The questions for discussion tonight for me should be ,1) the defence or lack of it, should be a priority in the transfer window. 2) Formations and team selection ,why change the team that beat Aberdeen. 3) Celtic whats the chances of somthing at the tattiebowl .....Oh and well done ojamma ,great goal today richly deserved.

Thats 8 or 9 games in a row we've been rotten playing his 4-4-2 and he's changed it to great effect in the past 5 spl games. The question is why continue to start with it?

Changing a winning team after our best performance in ages was inexplicable.

To be honest it did seem like trying to shoehorn the best/favourite 11 into a formation, much like I think has been done all season.

however, credit due for changing it. Its pretty bold to go for a 3-2-5. You might ask, legitimately, why it gets to that stage and that for me is a lack ofna holding midfielder and an inexperienced and underperforming defence.

McCall does have a Plan B though. Need to assess plan A depending on who comes and goes in January

• Like 1