Motherwell V Kilmarnock

madscot

Thats 8 or 9 games in a row we've been rotten playing his 4-4-2 and he's changed it to great effect in the past 5 spl games. The question is why continue to start with it?

Changing a winning team after our best performance in ages was inexplicable.

However you waited until they scored their second before letting rip.

Killie were prepared for us playing 4-4-2 and defended well as a result when McCall made the change of formation Killie struggled and although we pulled back 2 goals they managed to hold on for a point

Top marks to Murphy who gave his all in his last game for us and I'm sure there was a tear in his eye at full time

finally thanks to the Killie fans for joining in the applause for uncle Phil 10 minutes in, respect

• Like 1

Honestly don't know what to make of that today, glad of a point or 2 points dropped I'm not sure. Don't want to knock the min applause and fully understand it but for me and most of the fans the first 10 mins didn't count. I personally would have preferd it at the start or end of the game but fully understand why it was when it was and accept that. Although got the feeling the players weren't fully focused on the game at that time (surely it could have stopped) then when trying to get back into the game we were caught cold and 1 nil down (cracking goal tho) just felt a bit too much pressure on the players.

But then we go 2 down through good killing play and I honestly thought game over, but the come back kings proved me wrong and I was screaming like a mad man for the winner. A point from the dead or 2 points lost I'm stil unsure but glad an emotional day for the fans and players is over so let's kick on.

For me you don't change a winning team. Especially one that won so spectacularly.

That said, the effort from the off was there and the last 30 minutes were sensational. How we didn't win I'll never know. Killie scored a beauty and then via a corner in a rare foray up the park. That was it.

At 2-0 down I was frustrated at McCall for changing the winning team, but I suppose he deserves credit for introducing McHugh and the onslaught then began.

• Like 1

That was nuts today, we looked our usual predictable selves and never looked like scoring despite playing some decent stuff. At 2-0 down we looked dead and buried. Manager earns his wage with a master tactical switch and we set about them and should have won.

Defensively we are a real worry but I fecking enjoyed that today.

Oh and Murphy, if that is him off he goes with my very best wishes guy has been amazing for us.

I think we should have had three points from that today, but coming from 2-0 down, deep into the second half, to get a point is certainly not to be sniffed at.

I thought we dominated large spells of it from the off and if we had got that first goal we might well have been looking at something akin to the Aberdeen result.

Superb finish for Killie's first but by then we should really have been ahead. The chance that Higdon put straight at the keeper from about 8 yards out sticks in the mind. But again as we've seen on plenty occasions in recent and not so recent times there is a bit of character about this group of players and I felt we gradually worked our way back on top but just couldn't get the ball in the net before the break.

Second half began along similar lines, though admittedly the number of chances being created were slowly drying up and Killie were becoming ever more dangerous on the break before they eventually got their second.

Another bold move from McCall. Harsh on Cummins, but obviously tactical rather than a reflection on his performance today. Another good impact off the bench from Boab and a cracker from Henrik to level. It's actually surprising just how many teams go all rabbit caught in the headlights when you overload things upfront and their discipline and organisation goes completely to pot.

Just a pity we couldn't get the winner I thought we would have just about deserved.

And if as seems inevitable that Jamie goes in the very near future, nice that he marked it not only with a goal, but according the 'fishel, his 50th goal in Motherwell colours.

For me you don't change a winning team. Especially one that won so spectacularly.

Unless there's reasons such as suspension or injury I don't see why you would change a team that won in the fashion that we did on Boxing day.

Saying that, I don't think McCall would change a winning team for the sake of it. There must have been valid reasons for him doing so.

We seem to love giving teams 2 goal head starts, It was another fantastic comeback tho we are great to watch when we're going for it. As daft as it sounds the turning point for me was when the ref booked hately for winning the ball and the east stand going mental. It got the crowd back on side and we pulled one back a few minutes later. After we got the equaliser we really should have won with lasley and mchugh ithink (was close range header) missing two great chances.

Leaving the ground I couldn't beleive we hadn't won just with the amount of chances we had but looking back killie missed two one on ones and had one cleared off the line as well. Overall really good game to watch.

Great game, we should line up 3-2-5 every game!!

Oh and massive respect to the Killie fans.

We really made an impression on them down at their place when they paraded the League Cup and with the Kelly banner. Nice of them to return the favour. Its what football should be like more often.

• Like 2

Another rollercoaster of a home game think we created enough chances to win it.

As previously mentoined the booking for Hateley when he won the ball seemed to bring a bit of life back into the crowd.....

Wonder if the horror tackle/assault on Ojamaa will be reviewed by the compliance offical :blush:

Again respect to Killie fans for the Phil tribute :thumbup:

Ps Why do some of our fans jeer "the Killie Boys" song when doesn't have a sectarian word in it ????

Kenny Shiels Interview.

Nice guy .

When we scored the first,then broke again immediately and the ball eventually ended up wi Bell,killie looked gone. Bell tried to kill time and settle the team + my eye was caught by the sight of Shiels windmilling on the touchline trying to tell Bell to get a move on. Fair play,how many other managers would do the same? And how many would've instructed Bell to take any sting out the game?

Big props to the Killie support too

Shiels always comes across as an eccentric genius who will win games by doing brave things but likewise will lose some by doing things that are completely mental.

He tries some mental things. Like putting on an extra striker when drawing 0-0 against Celtic in a cup final and the sub scoring winner. Not many spl managers would have balls to do it.

Or going 2-3-5 against ICT when two down and up losing 6-3 at home!

He has his flaws but I honestly wouldn't swap him for another spl manager.

He tries some mental things. Like putting on an extra striker when drawing 0-0 against Celtic in a cup final and the sub scoring winner. Not many spl managers would have balls to do it.

Or going 2-3-5 against ICT when two down and up losing 6-3 at home!

He has his flaws but I honestly wouldn't swap him for another spl manager.

I quite like Shiels, different from other managers, but then I liked Jim Gannon :rolleyes::thumbup:

• Like 2