Now Murphy Is Away

pingu

reverting back to the original post, there were at least 5 options open tatically after Murphy goes. I would go for Option A although I have always been a fan of a 4-3-3 and Cardwell has shown enough to me.to suggest he merits a run in the team.

However, take Law out of the equation and to be honest I am more worried than losing Murphy. Murphy has replacements within the squad, Law does not...at least Carswell and Hetherington do not appear to be the same type of player

Inconsistent at times but he will be missed if he goes.

Will always have great memories of his goals against dundee utd and st johnstone in the scottish cup run and the fact he's the clubs top european scorer. Wish him all the best if he does indeed move on

4-3-3 is a good shout, Hately was superb as the holding mid in a three in the Gannon era, he doesn't work as part of the middle two in a 4. With Saunders on the way back and Devlins loan ending in January, we have options at right back.

Unless its a narrow forward three like we played against AberdeenI don't think this would work. We all know Higdon struggles as a lone striker and plays better with support to link with plus apart from Law our midfield don't exactly get forward much.

Think this would leave us short of forward options.

Sorry to see Murphy leave but it was always going to happen someday I suppose.

He's been a great servant to the club and has given us many memories by scoring crucial goals in the 2009 Europa League and in the SPL and the Cups in following seasons. He's been a credit to himself and the club and I hope he does well down South.

All the best Jamie

• Like 5

Echo the McHugh shouts, I really like him every time I've seen him. Plays in a similar way that Jeffers did when he was here, but distinctly more mobile.

Sad to see Murphy go, but he'll be back I'd imagine. Got to wish him nothing but the best, he's played (and scored) in some of the biggest games in our recent past. Hope he continues to bigger and better things.