Fine Lasley

steelboy

Can't really comment on today's incident as I've not seen it, just read it was a late & dangerous lunge which doesn't sound good at all.

But...

How many reds has he had in the last year and a half? I can remember two last season and both were utterly stupid from him. Even more ridiculous was most of our supporters clapping him as he took the walk of shame. :doh:

I suppose being "combative" is part of his game, but there's got to be a line between that and idiocy.

1360428785[/url]' post='373497']

If he doesn't want to play against inverness next week he shouldn't get paid.

Disgraceful from the captain.

Not at the match, and obviously can't comment on the tackle but why would Lasley not want to play against Inverness?

By all accounts he's made a dick of himself but I doubt that Inverness were even in his thoughts

Not at the match, and obviously can't comment on the tackle but why would Lasley not want to play against Inverness?

By all accounts he's made a dick of himself but I doubt that Inverness were even in his thoughts

If our captain can't figure out that the result of him chopping dayton is that he'll be suspended for a huge game next week then he is a bit thick.

• Like 1

1360430628[/url]' post='373503']

If our captain can't figure out that the result of him chopping dayton is that he'll be suspended for a huge game next week then he is a bit thick.

So why wouldn't he want to face Inverness?

Fact of the matter is that Lasley has never been a great tackler, and even worse now that he is slower than he was....he is also prone to the old red mist every now and again. Whether that makes him thick is a different discussion.

You, however, are aff yer Heid.thumbup.gif

1360430903[/url]' post='373505']

MFC TV reckoned it never deserved a straight red. Though obviously that doesn't completely excuse a risky tackle (and they're kinda biased, of course).

To put an even more biased slant on it, from an opposition point of view, our resident Killie fan reckons the challenge was 'sheer lunacy'

So why wouldn't he want to face Inverness?

Fact of the matter is that Lasley has never been a great tackler, and even worse now that he is slower than he was....he is also prone to the old red mist every now and again. Whether that makes him thick is a different discussion.

You, however, are aff yer Heid.thumbup.gif

He made no attempt to play the ball. He took an opportunity to half dayton.

He got kicked by borja and after that he got involved with a few killie players and tried to act like a hardman.

1360431321[/url]' post='373507']

He made no attempt to play the ball. He took an opportunity to half dayton.

He got kicked by borja and after that he got involved with a few killie players and tried to act like a hardman.

Fair do's, and I'm all for hitting a player with a fine. It's your suggestion that the ICT game was in the back of his mind that is nonsense

Even more ridiculous was most of our supporters clapping him as he took the walk of shame. :doh:

That annoys me.

Was a red card all day, wild lunge, even if you're being lenient and say it was a solid yellow, he'd already been booked.

Kerrs was so far away, I'd like to see it again, but looked like he went right through the back of the boy.

I can understand the frustration, but you expect more from your captain!!

Lasleys tackle was a straight red all day long. He was getting kicked all over the park himself but thats no excuse. Not only did he end any hope of getting anything out of the game he puts himself out of a couple of crucial games.

Kerrs didnt look quite so bad but stilk looked deserved.

Both players let themselves, their teamates and the fans down today. As for the fans clapping them off WTF?

Desperately disappointing as we played by far the better football throughout.

feeble effort. 1/10

it's not an effort.

he's seen hateley go off injured and kerr get sent off and his reaction is to indulge in a petty grudge with dayton. he's let the club down badly and we're going to miss him in two huge difficult matches.

disgraceful from any player but from your captain and a player with so much experience it's unforgivable. he's chosen to kick someone rather than do his job, he should be punished for it.

I'm not going to make a cast iron judgement on this until I've seen the footage on the TV.

However, IF it is the wild lunge that it is being made out to be, then strangely I'll find myself agreeing with Steelboy for the second time in quick succession. I'm a big fan of Lasley and his work here for the last thirteen years and it takes a lot for me to criticise him but if you are down to ten men already, losing a match 2-0 with a minute to go, your captain should simply know better, set a better example and be more professional than to put a wild lunge in.

You do see captains behave in such a manner, a la Lee Cattermole or Joey Barton as recent examples, but it doesn't make it acceptable.

I won't say any more until I have seen the footage.