Wishaw Juniors V Motherwell XI

mfc1886

WISHAW JUNIORS v MOTHERWELL X1 - Saturday 3rd August

Hi fellow 'Well fans. Once again 'the mighty' are sending a team up the road to Wishae to our modest wee ground to provide the opposition for our final pre-season match before the Junior season starts.

K.O. is 2.00 this Saturday at THE BELTANE(its right across the road from Wishaw General).

Admission is £4.00 for adults £2.00 for pensioners. Kids go free if they are with an adult.

Chapmans pies in the snack bar - stars of the future on the pitch - what more can you want.

WISHAW JUNIORS v MOTHERWELL X1 - Saturday 4th August

Hi fellow 'Well fans. Once again 'the mighty' are sending a team up the road to Wishae to our modest wee ground to provide the opposition for our final pre-season match before the Junior season starts.

K.O. is 2.00 this Saturday at THE BELTANE(its right across the road from Wishaw General).

Admission is £4.00 for adults £2.00 for pensioners. Kids go free if they are with an adult.

Chapmans pies in the snack bar - stars of the future on the pitch - what more can you want.

An invite to the bar for a former player? :whistling:

One thing to clarify, Sat is 3rd Aug

WISHAW JUNIORS v MOTHERWELL X1 - Saturday 4th August

Chapmans pies, that's a given. Stars of the future? Certainly in a good place to prosper at ours. What more can you want? Well, I don't want these stars of the future kicked up and down like they were the last time they ran amok against that glorified pub outfit.

An invite to the bar for a former player? :whistling:

One thing to clarify, Sat is 3rd Aug

Definitely Saturday.

Apologies for any confusion. I was asked to post this on behalf of a WJ committee member and I just copied and pasted it from the thread on FPC.

Should really have checked it first :blush:

Can any mods change the date in the topic heading?

EDIT: Date changed.

Chapmans pies, that's a given. Stars of the future? Certainly in a good place to prosper at ours. What more can you want? Well, I don't want these stars of the future kicked up and down like they were the last time they ran amok against that glorified pub outfit.

Dougie Arnott, Paul McGrillen, Jamie Dolan, Willie Pettigrew, Scott Leitch, just a few of players to have worn the Claret and Amber who also played for a "glorified pub outfit".

Plenty the senior teams in this country and big wigs at the SFA/SPL could learn from the well run Junior setup...

• Like 1

1375208837[/url]' post='391260']

Dougie Arnott, Paul McGrillen, Jamie Dolan, Willie Pettigrew, Scott Leitch, just a few of players to have worn the Claret and Amber who also played for a "glorified pub outfit".

Plenty the senior teams in this country and big wigs at the SFA/SPL could learn from the well run Junior setup...

Not the point I was making and I surmise you know that. Standards have risen in the junior ranks of that there is no doubt given the financial management of both junior and senior clubs...

And me, although to be fair back then it probably was a glorified pub team which is why I was signed :rolleyes:

The u17s squad was split to let half of them play the Wishaw game on Saturday and the other half play against Bathgate Thistle on Sunday. Although both Motherwell teams lost, they gave creditable performances continuing to play passing football from start to finish. Both were very young teams, the Sunday one featuring five 15-year olds, four of whom were on the pitch at any given time, and in the Wishaw Juniors game, Motherwell finished the game with nine of their outfield players being aged 15, five of whom played the full 90 minutes.

Well done to both teams, who will have learnt a lot from the experience.

• Like 2