• Keith Lasley
    • John Sutton
    • Henri Anier
    • James McFadden
    • Paul Lawson
    • Fraser Kerr
    • Iain Vigurs
    • Null Vote

I didn't think anyone was outstanding. About half the team was a wee bit better than the other half and in all honesty I could have given it to 4 or 5 players.

Carswell and Anier didn't finish so I will rule them out for that reason.

Hutchinson, Ramsden kept clean sheets, Sutton got a goal.

I'll go for Ramsden.

I went for Hutchinson as my MotM.

The one worry for me is the early form of McFadden, as I thought he was dreadful. This was the first time that my Thistle mate had watched Faddy in the flesh since his last Scotland game. He was shocked at what he saw, and commented that Faddy seemed to be a shadow of the player that he had watched last play for the national side. Hopefully this early form is just a blip, and he will eventually prove why we gave him a contract.

Carswell.

The measure of how well he played was how poor we became after he went off.

100% agree with this assessment, whilst accepting the argument that the game had started to turn before he went off his ability to be the engine would have made it easier to see it out. Definitely the best in claret and amber for me today.

100% agree with this assessment, whilst accepting the argument that the game had started to turn before he went off his ability to be the engine would have made it easier to see it out. Definitely the best in claret and amber for me today.

I would agree, but if I was asked to identify the "engine" of our team today, I would have said Carswell, Angol and Anier- the three that went off. Obviously the formers substitution was enforced but the other two were baffling to me and I can't help but feel we were a bit lucky to get away with them.

Anier looked done in after chasing down the 4 Thistle defenders while Sutton sauntered about the centre circle.

Think it was right to bring him off but I fear for Kerr that he is going to become a bit of a scapegoat if he continues to come on to cover the right wing in favour of an attack minded player.

Today was the most I've noticed Ramsden in a game but didn't come away thinking he was motm.

To be fair to them, both Sutton and Anier ran themselves into the ground for the team today. Both involved for the goal and linked up a few times. Although you got the feeling we could still be playing now and Anier still wouldn't have scored. Ever since the Newcastle game you could see he always gets himself into good positions but he just seemed to snatch at his chances today and I don't think he struck one cleanly. Still his pace and ability to run the channels was missed when he went off and indeed he played a big part in the goal by doing just that.

Sutton probably got the nod to stay on due us being penned in and McCall wanting all the height he could get back to help ensure we didn't give away another cheap goal from a set piece.

Both put in a shift up top. Carswell was the outstanding player for the 1st hour until he was forced off. After that I thought Hutchinson and McManus looked very good at the back but would probably say Hutchinson edged it.

I would agree, but if I was asked to identify the "engine" of our team today, I would have said Carswell, Angol and Anier- the three that went off. Obviously the formers substitution was enforced but the other two were baffling to me and I can't help but feel we were a bit lucky to get away with them.

Angol should have been hooked long before he was. Anier should have been left on.

What makes you say that about ZFA, just out of interest?

He offered very little. Personally against a team like partick we should be looking to kill the game and score again. ZFA offered nothing going forward, no chasing down, no outlet, no dribbling,.no crossing, negative backwards easy passes. Ok he probably did a marking job on the right back. Before anier got hooked, ZFA gave away the ball carelessly a.few times.

Basically, I really don't rate him. A quick pass onto Sutton for the assist doesn't make me change my mind that he is not good enough.

• Like 1

That is what I like about our support. They think our midfielders should be like Xavi and Iniesta

I like ZFA. He is far from the finished article, but if I am right he is only 19 or 20 ffs. He can be a liability but also he offers us an attacking platform and every now and then he reminds me and obviously McCall he will be a decent addition to the 1st team.

• Like 1

He offered very little. Personally against a team like partick we should be looking to kill the game and score again. ZFA offered nothing going forward, no chasing down, no outlet, no dribbling,.no crossing, negative backwards easy passes. Ok he probably did a marking job on the right back. Before anier got hooked, ZFA gave away the ball carelessly a.few times.

Basically, I really don't rate him. A quick pass onto Sutton for the assist doesn't make me change my mind that he is not good enough.

Agreed.

Hutch was my motm

That is what I like about our support. They think our midfielders should be like Xavi and Iniesta

I like ZFA. He is far from the finished article, but if I am right he is only 19 or 20 ffs. He can be a liability but also he offers us an attacking platform and every now and then he reminds me and obviously McCall he will be a decent addition to the 1st team.

No one has said we should have players like xavi and iniesta. Bizarre comment.

What I was saying is that on evidence witnessed with my own two eyes, I felt he was poor yesterday, poor 90% of the time, and doesn't bring much if anything to the team. Maybe he will in time, who knows.

Dont really like ripping players especially after a win, but everyone has their own opinions about who should be in the team and what they bring

1377386933[/url]' post='394382']

Agreed.

Watched him play for the 19s a fair bit a couple of seasons back and never thought he was up to much at that level, let alone 1st team