Bogey Teams

Judge Jules

Although the form book says we are favourites tae beat st midden oan saturday i think we can all agree that our recent record against them is pretty grim reading, i'm pretty sure our last win in Paisley wis the game where Hateley scored a free kick right at the death and i've got a complete memory block about the last well victory against them at FP so if someone could put me out my misery and tell me it would be appreciated

Although the form book says we are favourites tae beat st midden oan saturday i think we can all agree that our recent record against them is pretty grim reading, i'm pretty sure our last win in Paisley wis the game where Hateley scored a free kick right at the death and i've got a complete memory block about the last well victory against them at FP so if someone could put me out my misery and tell me it would be appreciated

Last Away win was, as you thought, the game Hately scored the free kick.

Last Home win was 2nd October 2010 when we beat them 3-1 with Chris Humphrey scoring early on and Tom Hately (pen) and Jamie Murphy getting 2 late goals to seal the win. Match Report

There is no such thing as the bogeyman and there is no such thing as a bogey team.

There no such thing as a bogey team in terms of luck (or voodoo or whatever you want to call it), but there are definitely teams who play a style that we find difficult to beat regardless of their current form.

St. Mirren have been one of those teams in recent times, as have Kilmarnock.

Cheers fir the responce folks that wis doin ma head in trying tae remember the last home win. I know what you's are saying about no such thing as bogey teams but there must be a small part of it that plays on a players mind if he is aware of having a poor record against certain teams. If ye forget the last game against them ye huv tae say we were definatly Aberdeens bogey team for the last few years (apart fae cup games of course)

There no such thing as a bogey team in terms of luck (or voodoo or whatever you want to call it), but there are definitely teams who play a style that we find difficult to beat regardless of their current form.

St. Mirren have been one of those teams in recent times, as have Kilmarnock.

I agree, but styles change. We play a very different style to the what we played 12 months ago (so do Killie). Can't say much about St Mirren as I've not seen them this season.

Can you really class Rangers as a bogey team ? Considering the mental transfer fees and wages they were throwing about (who's laughing now sevco) they should huv been beating a club our size on a regular basis. Still breaks ma heart its been 12 f**king years mind you i can still mind sittin in the east stand when Faddy poked the ball past the keeper Klos i think it was. Sad thing is i really want tae aviod sevco in the scottish cup this year cause they'll do us again with that wee tit Law rubbing it right in

Hearts during the late 80's were a definite bastard to get any kind of result, we went 22 matches without a win against them in all competitions.

A bogey team is one we should beat but have a run of terrible luck against, can't include Rangers, we should have beat them at Fir Park under Gannon but the inept cunt subbed Ross Forbes and O'Brien missed the penalty :whistling:

Can you really class Rangers as a bogey team ? Considering the mental transfer fees and wages they were throwing about (who's laughing now sevco) they should huv been beating a club our size on a regular basis.

Yes, very true, but I'm thinking disallowed goals, missed penalties, several "worst rangers side ever" moments...

We should have won 1 of these games.