Dundee Utd V Motherwell 22/9/13

GazzyB

We're on the back of a good run with 9 pts in 3 games, this will be a lot trickier I feel. Would probably take a point, but then again no reason why we can't take all three.

Is Ramsden back for this? If so I think he'll slot back in with ZFA dropping back out.

Gonna go for 4-3 to us, McFaddenx2, Sutton & Vigurs.

I'd take a point right now although I think Utd are a bit up and down. They've scored 4 goals on 2 separate occasions now even at this early stage of the season which is quite impressive.

I'd like to see Ainsworth start and I'm afraid, favourite all time player of mine or not, that Faddy doesn't deserve to start at the moment. Don't know what's up there.

Is it worthwhile getting the club to ask upfront if the drum is allowed in? If not, fuck them, open the cooper.

Im pretty sure i've heard that the head of security at Tannadice got his jotters at the end of last season so things might have changed.

They don't want the drum, because it's there to lift the away team. If it was in the home stand to lift the home team there wouldn't be a problem.

• Like 1

Gutted to be missing one of my 'home' matches.

Also my wee boy got a free ticket to this at a football camp in the summer....of all the bloody games.

Down side is he will be with a United mate in the home end.

Up side is he can't wait to see the Well play and will have his Motherwell top on with pride!!!!

He will be one confused 6 year old!!

• Like 1

Like a few others I think a point would be a good result and a few of our lads will need to up their game against the currently on form Utd. We have been a bit of a thorn in their side previously and have played some of our best away football against them.

I know its only brief highlights but i watched the United v County game and the big turkish lad thats keeping Goodwillie on the bench (dnt know his name) gave County the run around, its going to be a proper shift for Hutchison and McManus if he is in the mood

I watched the whole game on Sunday and as impressive as Dundee United were in an attacking sense, they were totally hopeless at the back and only good goalkeeping stopped it being at least 4-4. Whereas we are becoming hard to break down but struggling to score. Intriguing game and I have a feeling it could end up 1-1.

Ever since the season started folk have had McFadden down as scoring at least one & so far he's not even looked likely.

Despite his obvious pedigree, he looks to be a shadow of the player that he was. This is not to say that he won’t reach former heights, however at the moment that looks some way off.

Despite his obvious pedigree, he looks to be a shadow of the player that he was.

That would appear to be the reason there were apparently no offers (or acceptable ones at any rate) for his services prior to him signing with us. Possibly he lacks motivation as he feels he should be playing for a 'bigger' team. In the games I have seen he has been poor and he can't be far away from a wee spell warming the bench.

United ran the Ross County defence all over the place last week.

Would go 5 at the back, ZFA deserves to keep his place after the St Mirren game.

Hollis

Ramsden Hutchinson McManus

Hammell ZFA

Carswell Lasley Vigurs

McFadden Sutton

Hoping for a draw.

Tough one for the gaffer this week a far as team selection goes. ZFA was probably our best player on Saturday when playing in his preferred position so it would be a shame to see him dropped but on the other hand i don't fancy Hammell at right back. As much as i thought he did perfectly fine on Saturday i think it could be an accident waiting to happen.

Tough one for the gaffer this week a far as team selection goes. ZFA was probably our best player on Saturday when playing in his preferred position so it would be a shame to see him dropped but on the other hand i don't fancy Hammell at right back. As much as i thought he did perfectly fine on Saturday i think it could be an accident waiting to happen.

Hammell at right back against GMS, who was flying last week, does not appeal to me at all. Gauld's movement worries me a little as well, need to get Hutchinson to keep a close eye on him. Think Lasley/Carswell should be able to shackle Armstrong.

Mind games or just paranoia on my part?

I noticed that United have closed the bottom tier of the Jim McLean stand on Sunday, meaning that Well fans will be housed in the upper section. Psychologically I understand why they do this, however it can effect the atmosphere between the fans and the team. Did this happen last time at Tannadice or is it a consequence of all the fan negativity surrounding the St.Mirren game?

Mind games or just paranoia on my part?

I noticed that United have closed the bottom tier of the Jim McLean stand on Sunday, meaning that Well fans will be housed in the upper section. Psychologically I understand why they do this, however it can effect the atmosphere between the fans and the team. Did this happen last time at Tannadice or is it a consequence of all the fan negativity surrounding the St.Mirren game?

Probably just to screw more money out of the fans who go. The upper tier is dearer!