Livingston V Motherwell 25/9/13

Tweed

Presumably to keep him fresh for the weekend. I'd rest either him or Anier myself to give McFadden a run out in a more central role.

Resting our top players in a cup tie? We are only in september, professional footballers shouldn't need rested this early ffs. We should have a full strength team out to try and get past this sticky tie and give it a real go to try and actually win something this year.

Thanks, take it there's a taxi rank at North?

Aye mate. If coming from Edinburgh it is smack bang in front of you when you leave the train.

As for the game, Livi play some nice football at times, just to naive for the level at time, and I think our movement and skill will be too much for them. Score though could (should?) be anything between 1-0 and 6....

Nielson

Ramsden Cummins Hutchinson ZFA

Ainsworth Vigurs Lawson Faddy

Sutton McHugh

Subs: Hollis McManus Kerr Hammell Lasley Carswell Anier

That's the team I'd like to see put out.

We actually have quite a few options to choose from these days. Quite a turnaround from a few months ago!! thumbup.gif

Would go with a similar team. Would put Moore on the bench. Would like to see him given a good run out, maybe 25mins or so. He scored at that level consistently last year and had been scoring regular for the u-20's.

Team has plenty still about it.

Get McHugh to fuck ,he can make up numbers,we know what he offers- bit of effort,the odd goal & 5 years of sporradic subs appearances! Would rather give Dom thomas & Craig moore development time.

Rest Hollis,Vigurs,Las,Sutton & bring in Nielsen,Ainsworth ,Lawson & Faddy. Dom Thomas & Craig Moore to get last 30 from the bench.

Anywhere from 1-0 Livvy to 6-0 Well

I said in the united thread that I really hope that we have seen the end of Faddy out wide and that we will just rotate 2 out of Faddy, Sutton and Anier up front for most games. I would give Faddy the nod the mora to hopefully get his confidence up. You would like to think that starting up front against a team bottom of the division below us Faddy could rip Livi a new arsehole. As for who he goes up front, either Anier on form from Sunday or Sutton on form overall. Either one would also benefit from being rested.

For the rest of the team. I would play Neilson and think its a no brainer for McCall anyway. I wouldn't touch much more of the back 4. I would like Ainsworth to start right wing and find a way for Lawson to get a game, perhaps resting Lasley.

4-0 to the well. Faddy with at least two.

Nice times.

• Like 1

A Livi fan has posted a link to this thread on their forum and 1 or 2 are not chuffed with some of the predictions we are posting. Not that i really care what Livi fans think but now they feel they have a chance cause we are all over-confident

Morton fans were not chuffed in the run up to that game either.

Having said that, we are quite capable of blowing a League Cup tie to lower league opposition.

Obviously in league cup ties we will as all SPL teams seem to do make some changes.

So I'd go for

McFadden for Sutton - To see if McFadden/Anier can work

Lawson for Carswell - Game time

Neilsen for Holiis - Game time

Ainsworth for Vigurs - Game time, plus Vigurs not done much so far.

Thoughts and what changes would you guys make as we know its inevitable!

(Wouldn't be surprised to see McHugh playing tomorrow)

A Livi fan has posted a link to this thread on their forum and 1 or 2 are not chuffed with some of the predictions we are posting. Not that i really care what Livi fans think but now they feel they have a chance cause we are all over-confident

I remember Livi fans up the back of the Main Stand the night we scudded them 6-1 in the "We're Both Sponsored by Motorola So Lets Play a Daft Friendly for a Silly Glass Vase Challenge" with a chant that went "Loyal Supporters, Loyal Supporters". They were all gone without about 15 minutes left.