Livingston V Motherwell 25/9/13

Tweed

1st away game of the season, and cannae say I enjoyed what was served up too much. Been absolutely spoiled over the past couple of seasons with our fluidity and flair, and I'm struggling to get excited by whats been served up at the moment, although we seem to have developed the habit of grinding results out.

Can't understand the negativity towards Lawson, thought he was excellent last night, I think some folks man-love for Lasley is clouding their judgement - Lawsons passing ability as shown last night is tremendous. Also like the look of Ainsworth, looks like a real winger to me, someone with pace and a bit of ability to get past his man.

lawson is a great passer of the ball but he's slow as a week in the jail which is why he's 29, never played outside scotland and made less than 30 top league starts. him and vigurs are the same as forbes in that they'll never be good enough to play in the top league unless they are playing in a formation that protects their lack of mobility.

• Like 1

lawson is a great passer of the ball but he's slow as a week in the jail which is why he's 29, never played outside scotland and made less than 30 top league starts. him and vigurs are the same as forbes in that they'll never be good enough to play in the top league unless they are playing in a formation that protects their lack of mobility.

In a Keith Lasley, Kris Commons, Barry Ferguson kinda way?

Taxis, trains and the generosity o some 'well fans got everybody home.

The truth was some bams tashed the window with a brick as the bus drove up through newarthill, the driver seemed happy to take us to the game, told us he'd pick us up afterwards and well... didn't.

That's a bit pish!

I'd presumed it was because the passengers had vandalised the bus, which would be understandable, if a bit rotten for the majority.

Was only the 2nd weirdest announcement of the game, after the one at halftime telling the guy to text his bird back!

:lol:

I thought it was a pretty dreadful game, the overwatered wet long grass didn't help things, and all the changes showed with us looking a bit clumsy and not making the right decisions, as well as a lack of movement. Mchugh was dreadful, hutchy a bit casual at times, faddy had a frustrating night.

Livi made it difficult for us without ever threatening.

Thought McManus and ramsden strolled through the game, and ainsworth had a good 2nd half.

I was playing a game of count how many times Lawson won the ball back, I only started doing it because he had done it three times in the first couple of minutes. I have up when he won it for the twelfth time after about 20 minutes. Not saying he was outstandingly brilliant but I actually thought he had a very good game.

McCall made the four changes I wanted him to make and added in McHugh for Anier. Good result, professionally done. Bit annoyed at the way we defended the corner at the end but overall very content.

Fair doos.

I wasnt really looking that closely to that aspect of his game so you may have a point.

I take on board what some folks are saying about his range of long passing which was more evident in the second half after the sending off. However, throughout the game I felt, rightly or wrongly, that he gave the ball away a lot or was caught in possession.

Just my opinion. I dont have a downer on the guy, more than happy to give him the benefit of the doubt, but on last nights performance I think Lasley is the better option.

Also thought Carswell had his poorest performance of the season last night. Whether that was because of Lasley's absence or whether that limited Lawsons contribution is hard to say.

In a Keith Lasley, Kris Commons, Barry Ferguson kinda way?

they are all slow as well but make up for it in other ways.

lawson looks great pinging passes left and right but doesn't create much. he's technically good but a liability off the ball which is why he has been stuck in the sfl for most of his career while diddies like derek young and brian kerr played in the top league.

we were playing a very poor team last night and until they went down to ten men we hardly dictated the game at all.