Programme V Hearts

ECOSSE1991

Before I start I would like to congratulate Curtis Sport in their production of our much improved match day programme.

However, one minor moan, todays' issue v Hearts had 13 pages dedicated to Hearts. I don't mind reading an update about the away teams recent form, injuries etc but 13 pages is about 9 too many.

I understand that this is not the most important topic on this site but I just had to voice my opinion and a wee note will be forwarded to Curtis Sport.

Is 13p of 66p on the opposition excessive?

Personally I rather like reading about opposition teams as it keeps you up to date on the other sides in the league and gives you a different perspective.

I agree that 13 pages on the opposition from sixty-six in total isn't that unreasonable. And when you discount the "Fitba Stickers" style photos there is less reading involved than that.

I would also say that more often than not within those thirteen pages the publishers generally try to include stuff that will be of interest to both Motherwell fans as well as those visiting Fir Park. For example within the pages devoted to Ross County there was a couple of pages of an interview with Derek Adams. There were a couple of pages with Marc Fitzpatrick discussing both 'Well and County.

There have also been features where opposition fans have been involved in a "As others see us" style of interview too, so I think in all fairness the publishers do seek to make the visiting team pages as relevant as possible for 'Well fans.

But if you don't have a former player or coach on the opposition team or one who isn't willing to get involved, if you can't find an opposition fan who'll answer your questions then it stands to reason that unfortunately your section on them will be that bit less relevant.

I appreciate that everyone has different opinions as well reasons for buying a match day programme but I believe that to have 13 pages (12 readable + 1 picture) on the opposition and 14 readable about your own club is unbalanced.

The programme had 66 pages consisting of 1 page of officials, 1 of racism article, 2 of sponsors, 3 of quizzes, 10 of pictures, 17 of adverts, 13 of Hearts and 19 of Motherwell including contents/photographs/fixtures.

Of the 19 relating to Motherwell only 14 had readable articles.

I understand that many will feel I am fussy or raising a topic of little interest, but I read or hear more than enough about other teams in the newspapers, television, phone-ins etc.

This is not a criticism of the club or Curtis Sport, who as I said at the start of this topic have improved the programme greatly, but I thought that the amount of print given to Hearts was too much.

I understand that many will feel I am fussy or raising a topic of little interest, but I read or hear more than enough about other teams in the newspapers, television, phone-ins etc.

See, I'm the opposite. I read whatever I can find about Motherwell during the week, but barely glance at the stuff about other teams. So I don't really need to be reading stuff about Motherwell on the Saturday that I already know (e.g. yet another match report of previous game), but am quite happy to read stuff about our opponents that I don't.

See, I'm the opposite. I read whatever I can find about Motherwell during the week, but barely glance at the stuff about other teams. So I don't really need to be reading stuff about Motherwell on the Saturday that I already know (e.g. yet another match report of previous game), but am quite happy to read stuff about our opponents that I don't.

I'd completely agree with this. I'd rather the programme had this "new" information than try and put a different spin on motherwell news I already know about