Where Do We Go From Here ?

gilmour

Blind abuse of players or anyone connected at Motherwell FC is unacceptable. A lot of it is said in heat of the moment but that doesn't excuse it.

However I said at the time, as Stu above mentioned that the majority of criticism on here in the aftermath of the Aberdeen Cup tie, the Dundee Utd thrashing was neither over the top or completely justified, it was perfectly natural from a set of supporters following a bad run of results. I re-iterate again, 'the majority' was not because there was a few who resorted to personal abuse. We as a support are no different to the vast majority of supports in the game, despite claims to the contrary by a certain poster in the Killie match thread from November. I've seen other fans forums, such as Ross County, Inverness, Hibs etc and their fans aren't exactly full of the joys after a bad result or run of results.

Naming no names, but there are folk in here who appear to have some weird obsession with what other posters post and their reactions to results and it seems as though they can't wait to try and point score by picking petty arguments with them over virtually nothing, rather than discuss what is surely the most important thing, the result and performance of the team we all support. It's completely human nature apart from anything else that the majority are happy when we win and disappointed when we lose. Why that has to result in a 'I'm a better supporter than you' style lecture or or plain personal abuse - and that's what some of it is - from some is baffling and quite sad and it's no wonder that posters are put off using this forum when that's the way it goes when you merely voice an opinion that doesn't sit well with some.

• Like 1

Blind abuse of players or anyone connected at Motherwell FC is unacceptable. A lot of it is said in heat of the moment but that doesn't excuse it.

However I said at the time, as Stu above mentioned that the majority of criticism on here in the aftermath of the Aberdeen Cup tie, the Dundee Utd thrashing was neither over the top or completely justified, it was perfectly natural from a set of supporters following a bad run of results. I re-iterate again, 'the majority' was not because there was a few who resorted to personal abuse. We as a support are no different to the vast majority of supports in the game, despite claims to the contrary by a certain poster in the Killie match thread from November. I've seen other fans forums, such as Ross County, Inverness, Hibs etc and their fans aren't exactly full of the joys after a bad result or run of results.

Naming no names, but there are folk in here who appear to have some weird obsession with what other posters post and their reactions to results and it seems as though they can't wait to try and point score by picking petty arguments with them over virtually nothing, rather than discuss what is surely the most important thing, the result and performance of the team we all support. It's completely human nature apart from anything else that the majority are happy when we win and disappointed when we lose. Why that has to result in a 'I'm a better supporter than you' style lecture or or plain personal abuse - and that's what some of it is - from some is baffling and quite sad and it's no wonder that posters are put off using this forum when that's the way it goes when you merely voice an opinion that doesn't sit well with some.

Are you looking to get replies for your post ? Put your fishing rod back into your cupboard .Agree with the personal abuse tho , not needed.

• Like 1

Don't agree with most of your contradictory post MJC.

You're saying that You believe abuse to be unacceptable - but nothing that you've read on here has overstepped the mark?

There are a number of extremely decent posters - historically our better posters (and most knowledgable about playing the game) that don't enter the discussions on the match threads any more because of the extreme nature of the flip flopping between over the top anger at a loss or elation at being part of a win. The singling out of individuals and the constant rose tinted evaluation of others.

Personally, I admit to being inflammatory in retaliation to some over the top comments and perhaps that's wrong. But I hate with a passion someone celebration the fruits of someone's labour - who they were vilifying 7 days previously.

I don't think everything's perfect - but I'm never depressed enough or motivated enough to constantly post an extreme reaction to a performance. Or post a doom laden pre match prediction filled with heavy individual / collective criticism before a name is scribbled on a team sheet.

• Like 1

1388952525[/url]' post='402983']

Don't agree with most of your contradictory post MJC.

You're saying that You believe abuse to be unacceptable - but nothing that you've read on here has overstepped the mark?

There are a number of extremely decent posters - historically our better posters (and most knowledgable about playing the game) that don't enter the discussions on the match threads any more because of the extreme nature of the flip flopping between over the top anger at a loss or elation at being part of a win. The singling out of individuals and the constant rose tinted evaluation of others.

Personally, I admit to being inflammatory in retaliation to some over the top comments and perhaps that's wrong. But I hate with a passion someone celebration the fruits of someone's labour - who they were vilifying 7 days previously.

I don't think everything's perfect - but I'm never depressed enough or motivated enough to constantly post an extreme reaction to a performance. Or post a doom laden pre match prediction filled with heavy individual / collective criticism before a name is scribbled on a team sheet.

I refer you to where I said that although the majority did not overstep the mark and resort to personal abuse there were some who did. I acknowledged that some posts were wrong.

As for the rest of what you say, especially the part about 'hating with a passion' people who celebrate a good performance one week then vilifying them the next, again I fail to see how that is different from any football supports worldwide and indeed I reckon even some guys who play or have played the game would accept that aswell. Obviously I'm not referring to folk who blindly abuse individuals after a bad performance, as again, that's unacceptable but most - and I emphasise the word MOST - folk on here tend to be able to evaluate the game without personal abuse and also are fairly consistent in their views too. I personally am not and never have been McCall's biggest fan as a manager and throughout the three years he's been here have never hidden that. He has his limitations and I believe he has failed to step up at crucial times, but I have given him credit where it's been due aswell. I've never came on one week and said 'Mccall's a useless cunt, get him out' then jumped on the 'we are all Stuart McCall' bandwagon and proclaimed him to be a great boss the following week.

The manager and players of the club are not the supporters personal best friends and it's to be expected that different results will bring different reactions and differing levels of performances will bring different levels of criticism and praise and if you or others really cannot handle that then I think you're following the wrong sport.

• Like 1

Good post MJC your often vilified but your also often right.

• Like 3