Sieb Dijkstra

Frazzie

The legend that is Sieb Dijkstra will be turning out for Fir Park Corner FC this saturday at Prestwick Academy at 12noon before heading to Rugby Park to cheer on the 'Well.

If anyone wants to come along and watch what will probably be the more entertaining of the days games, alcohol (and even Pyro!) is actively encouraged and entry is £22 less than at Rugby Park. What's not to love?

Think he got a couple of games under Jim Gannon and possibly a subby appearance under Craig Brown in one of the European games.

I think he was believed to have some potential, but it never happened for whatever reason.

EDIT: Shit. I've mentioned Jim Gannon and decorator is viewing the thread. That can only mean one thing....

His expense bill would make interesting reading as he makes his way back and forward from Holland! :) assuming ofcourse he still lives in Holland.

On Pollock, Allsop never mentioned this! I'll need to ask him about the day he lined up alongside a former 'Well player!

We actually contacted Hummell to see if they could make one up for us but they couldn't unfortunately.

I am still pinching myself that this happened. Seems like a dream.

having just seen the pic i assume they couldnt find enough polka dots in the country to make up a new top!!!

Amazing coup to get him to turn up and i hope you all played with some big false tache's thumbup.gif

A couple of the boys were doing Movember so we hinted to the big man that it was a tribute but I don't think he bought it.

Not wishing to blow smoke up his arse, but Sieb and his wife Claudia had less than two hours sleep, drove for two and a half hours then spent the same time on a flight and still got straight off it and amused us with stories from his career all the way to Ayrshire before playing a blinder, posing for photos and signing things for our team and coming to Rugby Park to watch the 'Well (via the bookies where Sieb stuck a fiver on 2-0 'Well) and humoured us talking shite to him all day.

He was (is!) a magnificent goalkeeper but he gets more than a few bonus points for being a superb human being. My newly-appointed favourite Motherwell player of all time.

• Like 2